6w ultrasound no baby

HBDuejuly
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:54 pm 
Post subject: 6w ultrasound no baby
Hi ladies - I did IVF and get a bfp! Well my number were going up but not as strong as they hoped. But they were going up to a point they were happy with. He did have me come in for a 6w us on Monday and there was a sac but no baby. He said my sac was also measuring at 5w and we know I was def 6w. He wants me to follow up this coming Monday for another us but he said if there's no baby still we should start the process of inducing a miscarriage. I'm not sure how I feel about this. What if he's just rushing me. I'm sure he knows what he's doing but a lot of the forums that I've gone on there have been woman with similar situations and all of them were told to return in 2 weeks not just one? Ugh I'm so stressed over this. Any advice? The Dr did the US himself
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
Considering you did Ivf and you should be 6 weeks I think youll get an accurate result in a week. By 7 weeks you should definately be seeing a heartbeat.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:27 am 
Post subject:
If you don't want to induce a m/c and want to wait it out even if there's still no sign of a baby next time, then thats totally your choice, I have a tilted womb and when pregnant with my 3rd child I had some bleeding at 7 weeks, went in and was told I was 5 weeks and no heartbeat Confused well I knew my dates exactly , no question i was 7 weeks, but I had to go back for 3 more scans (at 2 weeks apart) before they wrote the words "viable foetus" on my notes Rolling Eyes and my daughter was finally born practically on the day I thought she should be Question
Sometimes even with all the modern technology they still can't tell you exactly whats happening and if you have a tilted uterus it makes it even harder to see properly Question
Hopefully by next week you should have a clearer picture of whats happening , but if you have a gut feeling about anything I'd go with it , and it can't do any harm to wait a little longer to double check that they're right , sometimes these early scans cause unecessary worry as not all pregnancies grow at the exact same rate , I will be hoping for good news for you xx
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:23 pm 
Post subject:
I had this with my daughter, I bled at 5 weeks pregnant but when i had my scan they said there was just a sac and that was only just 4 weeks - this didnt make sense as i had known for 10 days and had very strog BFPs.

When i went back 4 days later the sac had grown hugely (the dr was shocked by the difference in measurements!) and there was a fetus but no heartbeat.

So i had to go back about 10 days later at which point they saw a heartbeat and dated me at roughly 7 weeks 6 days (which meant i was over 5 weeks at the first scan - like i thought!)

Dont let them force you to do something you dont want to! It seems to me that babies can have growth spurts inside you as well!

I now have a healthy 8 week old daughter!

Fingers crossed for you! x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular