Just wanted to share

Weasleywannabe
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:37 pm 
Post subject: Just wanted to share
Hello,
I hope nobody minds but I just wanted to share the amazing treatment we received today. We went for our routine dating scan at the hospital. We knocked on the office door and a doctor took us straight through to a scanning room. I was then scanned by three doctors for over forty minutes. We were then led to a private room where we waited a few minutes and then I went for a blood test. Two lovely midwives took my blood and were really kind and friendly.

We have an appointment for another scan in two weeks. How amazing is that? The hospital were brilliant and the staff were excellent. There really are some exceptional health care professionals who provide the best possible care. I feel so lucky to live in a country with an NHS and such good people.

Thank you
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 pm 
Post subject:
wow thats fab Very Happy

my hospital made you sit around for at least 2 hours before you would get seen Rolling Eyes

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:40 am 
Post subject:
i have been really lucky this time with the treatment ive been getting i hate it when people sit and moan about waiting after they have been told the staff are dealing with an emergency! im just thankful its not me with the emergency x
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 am 
Post subject:
I am the same. My local hospital was in the news for being rubbish - even though there was no statistical evidence for it and the quite frankly I think the staff are just over worked (my mum and some friends work there so I ask about the politics of the place).

I have had 2 great maternity experiences with the hospital and both very different depending on what had happened. To me it was just the occasional one person who let the team down with their grumpy attitudes but everyone else were wonderful.

I think we should celebrate the NHS more. I asked my community midwife to pass on my thanks to specific people, especially the ones I owe mine and my baby's life to

Great post weasleywannabe

xx

abbie29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:48 pm 
Post subject:
Couldn't agree more - we have a choice of hospital as we sit in the middle of two, both 20 minutes drive away. We had a bad experience with one when I miscarried my first so chose the other when I was expecting Isobel (a bit out of superstition if I'm honest). They were brilliant for everything and we wrote a letter to the head of the hospital to express our thanks for the excellent care and support we had had. When I miscarried again last year, they were still brilliant and very supportive, explaining patiently and gently what our options were and cancelling all my other midwife, consultant appointments for me. When Izzy was ill, we took her to the A&E there and after waiting around 50 minutes to see the assessment nurse (we were told waiting times were around 2-3 hours and then three ambulances arrived in quick succession with sirens going), we saw the doctor straight away who apologised for not seeing us quicker. They were fab! This hospital has a bit of a rocky reputation overall but I have nothing but praise for them, based on their care for myself and Isobel and for essentially saving my Dad from bowel cancer.

Its an excellent post - we're very quick to knock the NHS but it is free and they work with very difficult constraints at times. At least we don't have to pay for our treatment (unless we chose to), or have to have insurance in case of emergency (I lived in America for a while and had to pay to see a doctor for an allergic reaction to mosquito bites - it was an expensive experience even though I had insurance!) and we have access to some excellent care and expertise. There will always be exceptions and some grumpy people and its right that they should be brought up to scratch but people don't seem to praise people when the treatment they get is good because its just expected. Expected it may be but it doesn't stop me being grateful for it.

Sorry, didn't mean to ramble on - its just something that I feel really strongly about (I'm a teacher and we get the same treatment!).

Weasleywannabe - this sounds like a fantastic experience - its so lovely when something that's special anyway is made to feel that way by others. xxx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular