Do I keep it a secret?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:37 pm 
Post subject: Do I keep it a secret?
Hey ladies. I need some advice. Do I keep this baby a secret?

I am dreading certain family members finding out. I know my grandmother is going to be nasty and tell me I can't afford another baby and yes we will struggle financially but people can't expect me to make my daughter an only child like I was. I was miserable growing up and still have nobody to turn to when I'm in need. I'm having another baby as when I'm gone I don't want Ava to be alone. But I wish my family could respect that. I know people will have something to say about it as that's what my family is like.

Should I just keep the baby a secret until I've given birth and then turn up with a baby one day.. surely they can't have anything bad to say once they see it??

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
i would tell people that matter to you hun and stuff the rest of them, if they've got bad things to say then just ignore them, this is your baby not theres so tell them to back off if they get too much xxx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:10 pm 
Post subject:
My grandma is a big part if my life and usually we get on but she is very opinionated and doesn't care if she says hurtful things. She never thinks before she speaks or maybe she does and she just likes being rude at times. I will get cross if she's rude though as nobody will dictate how many children I want.. which is only 2 so I don't think that's irresponsible tbh.I don't want Ava being an only child. Xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:36 pm 
Post subject:
My grandma is a big part if my life and usually we get on but she is very opinionated and doesn't care if she says hurtful things. She never thinks before she speaks or maybe she does and she just likes being rude at times. I will get cross if she's rude though as nobody will dictate how many children I want.. which is only 2 so I don't think that's irresponsible tbh.I don't want Ava being an only child. Xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm 
Post subject:
I think it's your choice who you tell. But will it upset your family if you dont tell them? Especially if you say your close to your nan? My grandma was very opinionated when I was growing up and I was scared to tell her about having my children as I as only 18 when I fell pregnant with Charlie turned out sje had my uncle at 19 and there was only 13 months between my dad and uncle so she was very supportive.. I think sometimes people can surprise you. I was worried tis time as my mum disn't approve of me getting back wwith my oh in the fist place but shehas been supportive with the baby side and got over her issues wwith my oh. My sil was another person I ddidnt want to tell as they've been trlying for a baby for 2 years. But she was really happy for us and found out shes pregnant too and due 5 weeks aafter me Smile at the end of the day though any decision you make has to be right for you Smile x
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
By the sounds of it she's going to have something to say either way whether you tell her early on or when the time comes later down the line, Just do it when you feels right and tell her that this is what YOU want and her un supportive opinions aren't welcome thank you Wink

Would Ava not say anything?
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:06 am 
Post subject:
Ava is only two so doesn't really say much apart from her antics at nursery lol I dint think Ava understands that I'm pregnant and I don't think she ever will. I have a feeling even with all the explaining she will come home to find a baby in my bedroom one day.. Laughing I have no idea what her reaction will be. She does get my Doppler out mad says "listen to baby in tummy?" So perhaps she does get it. Were going to my grandmothers for Sunday lunch this Sunday and my scan is next Wednesday so thinking I might just wait until after Christmas and I might tell her alone as I know my oh might get a bit rude if she says something mean.. I know I will lol and I don't want a family argument over it. Just going to tell her this is how it is despite what you think. And hopefully she will accept it. I didn't tell her with Ava. I got my mum to tell her for me lol and she called me with a very disappointed voice afterwards xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular