Oh my god! Old people!

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:28 pm 
Post subject: Oh my god! Old people!
Seriously what is with old people?? Last month I took three of my kids into town and some old man was walking by mumbling to himself about the amount of children people have these days and it's for the money etc. Then today after Kieran's nativity play some old woman nearly backed into us in the car THREE times because she couldn't be bothered to wait two minutes. We'd parked in the nursery car park and she was blocked in and there was a tiny gap between the end of her car and the side of hers which she wouldn't have got out in a million years but instead of waiting for my OH to get back out of the nursery with Kieran's bag she tried to reverse out three times. I opened the door and told her he would only be two minutes and she and what I assume is her son or son in law acknowledged me but she got back in and tried again. Then one of the people who worked there walked past and she tried to collar her to get us to move so I shouted out the window I'd already told her we'll only be a couple of minutes and she is just being impatient. I swear.. she really annoyed me! The whole episode only lasted five minutes and she nearly backed into another car that was passing between our cars too. Old people.. grrrr!!!! Rant over lol

Kenty
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:32 am 
Post subject:
In general I find old people rude, arrogant and obnoxious, I know there are some that are lovely tho
Just yesterday in the super market an old lady barged past my 3 yr old and bashed him in the head with a bag, she couldn't miss that she did it, she just didn't care.
In the cafe another decided she HAD o barge past my daughter's wheelchair and actually shoved the wheelchair, with lily-Ann in it, out of her way!!!
Old people say kids these days are terrible but I find old people worse!

Faerydae
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
oh don't get me started on old people! latest one with me was some old woman tutting behind me on a bus and moaning about LO... I wouldn't mind but he was sat there silently! no reason to even moan about him!
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:01 am 
Post subject:
I row with old ppl on a weekly basis when i bus it to town Rolling Eyes

the last one was cos me an lex was in the push chair bit an she was trying to tell me it was for disabled ppl in the end i screamed at her 'well u aint effing disabled an your in the other one so whats your problem' she didnt know what to say an soon stfu, i find most old ppl very frigging rude!!!

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:31 am 
Post subject:
I think most of them forget what it's like to have a young family. This woman wound me up so much I just felt like having a right go at her but I didn't although if she'd tried to back out one more time I would have. I do have respect for older people and i'll always offer to give up my seat etc but some of them are SO rude.

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
I cant help but think alot of the older ppl dont have respect for the younger generation. Like you said they must have forgot what its like to have a young family an back then most of them had a fait few children too!!

baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
Post subject:
god dont even get me started!!! to think they have the cheek to say my generation dont have manners or respect - i have always held doors open, helped carry shopping to cars, given seats up on buses (even when 7 months preggers) and never had a sodding thank you!!! they honestly think they can get away with anything like a little old lady who comes in where i work ( we call her the pie lady! ) she always comes in buys a pie - whilst saying you must think im from wigan with all the pies i eat - goes back over to "look" at the other ones a slips another pie under the one in her hands and trys to steal it - i noticed her do it once and said as she was on her way out dont forget to pay for your pie love and she stopped got all flustered went and put it back and left. then came back in a minute later saying i was just coming to ask you which pie you thought was better thats all (ummmm then why were you trying to walk out the door with it hidden???) then last week she asked one of the other supervisors is it ok if i take these leaflets (from the post office which is in store) so the super took them to see what they were and she had 9 birthday cards hidden between them!!! super said you can have the leaflets but you have to pay for these so she got all flustered again and said oh my how did they get there!!!!

the third super thinks she should be allowed to get away with it cause shes old but everyone else is like yeah shes old so she should know sodding better!! grrrrr!!!

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
what amazes me is when old men make pervy comments and people think it's 'sweet' and let them get away with it.

Yuck! Old or not, pervs are pervs

xx

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:17 am 
Post subject:
I hate when old men do that pervy comment thing too "Ooh if I were thirty years younger" Noooo! lol baabaa that's so deliberate and crafty lol though if she keeps coming back after doing it maybe she's genuinely confused as you just wouldn't have the cheek, would you?

baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:28 am 
Post subject:
she knows shes doing it we watch her on the camera sometimes as she looks for the aisles no-one is down and looks around before knicking stuff if someone walks down before she knicks it she'll either pretend to read the label or she'll try and distract you from what shes doing by asking questions and doing the oh im a little old lady who wouldnt think of doing anything bad until your not looking that is then i'll bloody take what i can get my hands on!!! shes been caught 2 in the past month and after each time she wont come in for a week then she starts coming back in everynight. if she comes in tonight while im working i'll be following her around the shop!!!! Laughing

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:34 am 
Post subject:
Laughing Laughing

good on you - and it's always the kids / teenagers that get into trouble / gets followed.

Maybe you should have a sign put up that they write about teens - 'only 2 old people in the shop at any one time' Laughing

xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 am 
Post subject:
MrsOz wrote:
Laughing Laughing

good on you - and it's always the kids / teenagers that get into trouble / gets followed.

Maybe you should have a sign put up that they write about teens - 'only 2 old people in the shop at any one time' Laughing

xx

There would be uproar if they did that! Discrimination is meant to be illegal but shops still put these signs up for school kids. I hated that when i was at school, you had to go into the shop in turns and be made out to be a criminal when you hadn't done a thing wrong. Very ageist as it goes to show from this topic that old people can be worse!

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:41 am 
Post subject:
i also have had many issues with old people and have been told i shouldnt of had children if i could afford them!! i was on the bus at the time and told her that my partner worked 60 hours a week to pay for me and my children and just because she was old didnt give her the right to judge me!! made me so angry as i was just sitting there doing or saying nothing to her stupid old bag. my nan also thinks now she over 80 she can say and do what ever she likes x
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm 
Post subject:
What also makes me laugh is when they then proceed to tell you their age! My OH will now respond with telling them how pleased he is for them and tells them how old he is too! Laughing
Our grandparents are all in their 90s so I don't really give a [*CENSORED*] that someone has made to their 80s when I don't know them!

Just to put a positive note... I am impressed by the elderly who have done amazing things with their lives, such as be in the 2nd WW.

xx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
Its the old drivers I cant stand. They take up the parent and chid spaces because they think they are disabled ones and if you park in disabled (which I would never do unless I was with my mum who has a blue badge) you get shouted at or given dirty looks.

I had someold guy try to drive in the side of my car today cause he was in the wrong lane and ony ndicated after he was over the white ine, in line with the front of my car. And they say its the younger ones who driver carelessly!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular