Anybody else just not in the christmassy mood?

Jo3x
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:17 am 
Post subject: Anybody else just not in the christmassy mood?
Hello ladies..sorry this is gonna be a depressing one! I feel so frigging depressed this month mind you i have every christmas TTC! OH didn't even want to put up the christmas deckies up and neither did i...It must be bad if OH didn't want to put them up he normally loves christmas hes like a big kid, all we've done for 5 days is say how much more we'd decorate the house and bake loads of cakes and make jellies and all kinds if we had kids! it always seems to be ' IF WE ' and never ' we have ' Crying or Very sad looking at all our friend are even worse getting all there presents ready and taking about father christmas coming for there kids Crying or Very sad me and OH have said we just gonna get drunk over the 3 days and we both don't drink so wont cost us much to get drunk ha ha don't even know what to drink ha ha anybody got some nice suggestions? Laughing ...just so we can blurr it all out and not be in reality...ha ha knowing the way this world is i'd probably get pregnant if we both turned into alcoholics! Laughing Crackers, sending you all some positive baby dust from this depressing post! Love Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Awww Jo ((hugs)) have to say Im the opposite Im really looking forward to it and so is o/h. To me its something to focus on and take my mind off ttc. I absolutely love christmas dinners and all the food and drink that we over indulge in. I love seeing people open their presents too. Obviously I wish with all my heart that I could have been pregnant or have a little one but Ive kind of got used to it now after 5 yrs. I just focus on thinking we will get there eventually.
As for booze my o/h isnt really a drinker , its rare he drinks and when he does it isnt much. He tends to drink lager, he likes fosters and stella or sometimes he just joins me on the vodka as it goes with so many different mixers x
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:47 pm 
Post subject:
Ah Jo...sorry to hear you feel down! Like Nutty I'm looking forward to christmas. Smile As it's always so pretty everywhere and about everyone is in a good mood. Smile A good way to get your mind from it all and just enjoy the times. Smile
Like you I've decided to have a drink this christmas. People that know me will fall off their chairs, even though I have never claimed I don't drink in full, I just hardly drink as I don't like the taste of most things. Laughing I bought a bottle of mulled wine, which you can heat up. It's lovely! Esspecially if you first go for a walk in the cold (we have a dog so have to haha) and then have a glass of that...mmm...warms you right up. Smile
I do feel down every now and again about it being another holiday, but hey ho, positive vibes all the way. Smile They do say miracles happen at christmas time! Wink
MrsZargon
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear you are feeling down, thought I'd give you a few ideas for things I love doing just me and OH over Christmas so maybe you could do some of those to help enjoy the time together......

Ice-skating in the evening on an outdoor rink
Mulled wine at a Christmas market
Long walk if it is cold and crunchy outside followed by hearty pub meal
Theatre - lots of places have Christmas comedy type plays which are great fun for grown-ups
Skiing (obviously if time and money allows)
Stay in bed/take the duvet downstairs and cuddle up with a good Christmas film and lots of chocolate!

Personally I hate NY always have! I avoid it like the plague and aim to be in bed by 10
Laughing
dlovebabiest
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
I was not really in the mood either but my OH feels like we should take full advantage of this Christmas to help lighten the mood. Good luck everyone. I like Moscato, its smooth and I love the taste. It usually helps me relax without passing out haha.
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 pm 
Post subject:
I like my booze Embarassed

for a special occasion I usually go with jacobs creek sparkling Rose, but I have had a sparkling rose from Aldi and it was only £3.69 and very nice, in fact iv finished the bottle off Embarassed

something i tend to drink at christmas is port and brandy. I also like vodka, with coke or orange juice, amaretto and coke, archers and lemoade, sweet martini and coke, or martini rosso and lemonade.

Probably loads more but I sound like and alcoholic!

MrsZargon
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:47 am 
Post subject:
Oh if u have a sweet tooth Baileys is a fab Xmas drink Wink
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 am 
Post subject:
I love a nice cava , good for special occassions too, morrisons have freixenet at half price (£5 a bottle ) in white and rose at the moment,( I like the rose and the brut best but the brut is a bit sharp for some people) its really nice, nicer than champagne (imho Laughing )and we always have it on Christmas day, but the bubbles can make it go straight to your head if you're not a big drinker Embarassed Laughing
This time of year I love alcoholic ginger beer, with lots of ice and a squeeze of lime (nice and warming Laughing )
Home made snowballs, very cheesy and 70's but I love them , it's my guilty pleasure Laughing
Baileys of course, Aldi's own version of that for £6 is very nice too (I actually prefer it to proper baileys now Question )
Stowells white zinfandel is nice (seems to be some snobbery about drinking zinfandel but I think its lovely if you find a nice one Question )
Mulled wine and mulled cider are nice too, I normally make my own though using nice wine or more expensive cider because often the ready made stuff has the cheapest ones in, you can even buy sachets to put in it Wink Laughing
Just realised I sound like an alkie Embarassed Laughing
I'd also say try and make the most of the time together just the two of you, doing couple things, because once you do have a family (which FX is very soon ) then you won't get that chance again, Mrs Zargons ideas are good, in fact anything that stops you thinking about TTC is good and you never know it just might do the trick Smile
Maybe even avoid all people with children for the main days of Christmas too, and stay well away from facebook which is always plastered with photos etc. xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:29 am 
Post subject:
Lol @ all of us and our drinks. I dont really drink anything other than vodka, ill have white wine occasionally but Im not overly keen on it. Me and o/h were talking about southern comfort last night, I cant quite remember how it tastes so might get a bottle of that. Ive just started buying bits and pieces of party food to now , I always cook up loads of party food new years eve and we have our own little party (no other guests) Laughing Laughing
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 am 
Post subject:
MrsZargon wrote:
Oh if u have a sweet tooth Baileys is a fab Xmas drink Wink

I forgot about Baileys! Thx Mrs Zargon, that's going on the shopping list for christmas! Smile Laughing
Edit: I got those sachets Nat. Wink I've never made mulled wine before, so thought the preprepared bottle would be good haha! What is a good red to use for the mulled wine sachets? That's another reason why I got the bottle! Laughing I know nothing about wines haha!
Jo3x
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks you ladies for all your positive words and ideas is great that most of you are looking forward to it, i think the reason why we dread it as me and OH don't have much family so really its just me him and the dog Sad Thanks for your drinking ideas am not a drinker and neither is OH so where confused on what to buy! i've tried arches before which i don't mind every time i've tried wine i've never liked it, it always burns my throat Shocked Confused so if anyone can recommend a nice light fruity rose wine Very Happy Let me know, Knowing my luck though me and oh will get very drunk all over christmas an get pregnant always the way! Am hoping anyway!!! Shocked Sending you all lots of baby dust! Love Jo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular