neo-natal babies

Xxxpolxxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:36 am 
Post subject: neo-natal babies
do they wear clothes or just nappys??
i am been delivered at 34 weeks and it been twins they are going be tiny so would i buy clothes or not?? thank you xx
Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Likely just a hat until they move into the 2nd section.

Take a look here for some advice Smile

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a555455/what-your-premature-baby-needs#section5

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:42 am 
Post subject:
I had mine at 35 weeks but she was small because of IUGR (she born at 4lb 3oz but dropped to 3lb 10oz), and apart from when she was under the blue light for jaundice she was fully dressed by the staff there - vest, grow suit and cardigan then under layers of blankets because when they are so small they struggle to maintain their own heat. Even when the she was in the incubator and was treated for infection, she was dressed as were the other babies.

Most neo-units will have clothes there that you can borrow whilst you are there... the clothes are unbelievably expensive to buy. Tescos 'tiny baby' range are the smallest suits we could find which weren't priced up as being 'prem' so bought loads of those and we just keep washing them now we are home. Most 'tiny baby' ranges in the other shops are up to 5lbs which are mahoosive on my little dot.

Good luck

xx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
Boots does a prem range - theres not much of a selection and its expensive!

I wouldnt recommend the tiny baby from sainsburys for you - as my little girl was 6lb 4oz but quite petite and fit into these beautifully - so thry'd prob be too big.

Maybe buy something to remember how tiny they are but borrow most things as it is expensive to keep buying stuff. My little girl is 9 weeks old and has been through: tiny baby, newborn and is now in a mixture of newborn and up to 1 month.

Good luck. x
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:41 pm 
Post subject:
Sainsburys stuff does run up massive! my daughter was in 0-3 baby grows until nearly 6 months.

Because she was under 6lb a few people bought us tine baby stuff. The Asda stuff didnt even touch her in length, and the boots lasted 10 days.

Primark stuff runs up small and they used to do up to 7lb, and up to 10lb new born.

I would have a look on ebay though for the really tiny prem stuff, as I reckon you could get a bargain as not many people would bid on it, unless they had had a prem baby, or like you were expecting one.

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
thank you i didnt no you could borrow it and i will drive my consultant mad with all the questions i have got so didnt want ask him xx
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:07 pm 
Post subject:
i cant help hun but wanted to wish you and your twins all the best and i hope your not in hospital too long x

tracyx87
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
my little boy just had nappy for few hours then had sleep suit with poppers he was recusitated tho sodono if that was why wasnt aloud a vest the hospital provided clothes for him and anything i put in cot or on him had to have his names stitched in if i wanted to see it again if was washed etc xx

ChrissieRussell
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:11 am 
Post subject:
My boy was born at 35+4 hun and he wore just a nappy. x

*Our beautiful twins are safe in heaven*
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:21 am 
Post subject: Re: neo-natal babies
Xxxpolxxx wrote:
i am been delivered at 34 weeks and it been twins they are going be tiny so would i buy clothes or not?? thank you xx

how come you are being delivered so early? Are you having complications with them? My sis recently had identical twins and was induced at 37 weeks, but she had a very healthy pregnancy and the boys weighed 6lb 8oz and 7lb 4oz, so is there is something they are trying to avoid by delivering yours so early?

I wouldn't worry about asking the consultant all the questions - ask if you can meet the neo-natel staff / have a tour before hand too, my experience of Poppy being in there was lovely, they were all so kind and meant I could relax when I was too ill to be with her, knowing she was being looked after. My unit also had parent suites so that families could stay over together for the really poorly babies - it may be worth finding out if you and your OH will be able to stay there together, or if just you will be there on the SCBU ward

xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:58 am 
Post subject:
i am been delivered at 34 weeks because they are mcma twins so they are in the same water there is only a 50% chance of them been born and they longer your pregnant more risky it gets. my local hospital is a leading neonatal hospital so if we couldnt stay it is only a 2 min drive so not too bad. my consultant said they only get these type of twins once every 3/4 years and the hardly make it 34 weeks so we are just taking every day as it comes. i havnt brought a thing yet and dont plan on buying anything until the very end because i think if i lost them it would be devastating to have to go through the stuff when you got home. xx
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 am 
Post subject:
oh blimey - what does mcma stand for? Good job you are so close to your unit and they are so clear about everything to you. Will you have a section or aim for natural?

Must be scary for you ((hugs)) esp as you don't / can't feel that you can get excited.

xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 am 
Post subject:
i have been told i ill be having a section had no choice as my last labour was a nightmare and both of the babies are breech. and my consultant has been really good he explains the risks everytime i see him so nothing will come as a shock as heartbreaking as it would be but he is really good. I am excited but really trying to not become attached which so far has been easy as i havnt felt them move yet but i have a scan every 2 weeks so see them all the time. it hard but i already have two kids so got to carry on as normal for them and just keep hoping Smile
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:14 am 
Post subject:
wow - you are very strong. Make sure you have your moments when you don't have to be strong for others tho. I wish you lots of luck and love, each day is another day closer, and only 9 more weeks until you are at 25 weeks which I always think is a massive milestone to reach

xx

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 am 
Post subject:
yeah im glad Christmas is in between and we can think of other things as well thank you anyway xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular