Chlamidia

hayleybaby121
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:33 pm 
Post subject: Chlamidia
im scared that i am infertile due to having chlamida 3 times in the past from cheating boyfriends Sad Twisted Evil the last time i had it the nurse told me theres a chance i could be infertile because my fallopian tubes could be scared. im so scared and cant stop worrying. i have been ttc for 2 months now.
has nayone else becomeinfertile due to chlamidia or heard of anybody that has?

and good luck everyone ttc! xxx
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:03 pm 
Post subject:
I can't help you chick sorry. Good luck though, i'm sure someone can help you xxxxx
1lbkb
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
God wot rotten boyfriends you had!!! And to get it once is bad enough but 3 times, I really think that it could be worth you talking to your doctor to see if they can give you some more answers, arrange some tests maybe.

But hey 2 months isn't that long, and there are only a few days a month when you can get pregnant, so keep trying, might just not have been lucky yet.

xx Li xx
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
I agree you should go to the doctor, make sure they test again for it so its all gone and get a few tests done to make sure you can get pregnant. Men are awful to do that...

best of luck

helen73
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:59 am 
Post subject:
hey haleybaby, what a bunch of b*****ds, i do know how you feel though as an ex of mine gave it to me about 8 years ago. Unfortunately my docs have still made me play the waiting game with ttc but if it gets to 12 months and no joy then it gives them a good reason to refer you for all the necessary tests. So unless you've got a fab dr they'll probably tell you to keep trying first then see them again if it takes 12 months.....not nice for you but thats dr's for ya
Helenxxx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
Smear tests pickup clyamidia.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:29 am 
Post subject:
so sorry hayley xxxxx MEN!!!!!!! xxxxxx
my SIL had it at an early age (17) and unfortunately after doing tests it has ruined her tubes and has made her infertile Very Happy xxx so theyre only route now is ivf and is now on the waiting list xxxxxxx hope its not the case for you hun and you get a BFP soon xxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
hayleybaby121
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
thank u 4 all replys.
yeah.. docs wont do anything until 12 months of ttc!! im just hoping it hasnt ruined my tubes. as i have had it 3 times Sad but not sure for how long the 1st time because i had no symptoms..it was just a random check up! keeping my fingers crossed
xxxx
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:11 am 
Post subject:
Hun im sorry you have had this.. i had a right cheat of an ex, but thankfully i never caught anything..

Dont worry yourself too much, i remember u coming off some sort of contraception 2 months ago and your body is still calming down from that hunni! Let your hormones settle down and it will happen hun xxxx
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:07 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun!
yeh, i came off the implant in june. this will be my 3rd cycle after having it removed. just hoping i havnt damaged my tubes Sad i will be so heartbroken!
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:47 pm 
Post subject:
i had clamydia about 9yrs ago - and don't know if its done any real damage as have not been ttc for very long, but was told when i did have it that it only causes real fertility problems if left untreated and it leads to pelvic inflamatory disease, not sure if this helps
xx
charlachica
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
try not to worry hayley, the above message is correct (sorry dint read name), if it is left untreated it turns to PID which can also have no symptoms. PID causes infertility in 30% of the women it affects because it can take so long to diagnose, however, if you had chlamydia screening the same test would also have picked up PID so you wouldn't have gotten that far! PID causes scar tissue in the fallopian tubes, but still if that has happened, there is certain surgery that can help in some cases. I really would not worry about it as worrying is not helping you relax which is how you need to be whilst TTC.

a friend of mine had PID but thankfully it had only damaged 1 tube so the other was in working order and she went on to have two hansome boys.

take care and really try not to worry, if the Dr who diagnosed the chlamydia would have worried about it causing you infertility they would have sent you for a pelvic scan after you finished your treatment. xx

xKerrynx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:04 pm 
Post subject: ..
My friend has had Chlamydia 4 or 5 times and went through the same thing. She blamed herself for being with different men whom she trusted or thought she did and they all used her. She found the right man but blamed herself for her past. She went to the hospital for tests and two months later she was pregnant. Now shes got two beautiful baby girls (twins) who are 6 months old and perfectly healthy.
Best of Luck
Thinking of you x

livelife22
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
I know this thread, is old but i gotten chlamydia
Two times and one of my tubes are blocked
From it i found out
By doing the hsg am going to be going another one in, march to see if it's scarred or something but you can still have a baby with one tube
fayelouise1984
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hey

Im currently waiting to go through our first ivf this month. My tubes are blocked due to chlamydia, made an absolute mess, id had it for 3 years without knowing, my boyfriend was a serial cheater and spread it about like god knows what Sad i had ended up in hospital with an abscess on my ovaries and bowels about 2 years later, i was so poorly in hospital for a week. Luckily they just removed the abscess, but honeslty the pain i went through was unreal......If you are unfortunate enough for this to happen then you will get ivf if you fit the criteria for your area. Hope this helps x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Fertility Issues All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular