christmas day breakfast...

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:32 pm 
Post subject:
Mum use to do us all a cooked breakfast (mainly all grilled and not fried )after we had opened r stockings.

Wed then spend most of the day pigging out on chocolate and nuts etc, then have a late lunch just b4 queens speach ten go back to pgging out Laughing

Id do this but ca be bothered with all the hastle of cleaning up after 2 cooked meals Laughing

This yr we r going back to Witshire for xmas, we r staying with INlaws so i will get what im given Neutral

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
jennaxhx wrote:
Bella83 wrote:
We just have some really nice cereal....something we don't have everyday (everyday cereal for us is branflakes, fruit & fibre, crunchy nut cornflakes or coco pops!)
We did pancakes a couple of years but found we weren't overly hungry for dinner even though we don't est till about 2/2.30pm

You eat dinner at 2.30 Shocked We eat ours at like 5 lol x

Lol or should i say lunch ?? We couldn't wait till 5 & it means my mum can join us on her break between shifts at work (she's on her own). It also means that we spread the presents out so after lunch Emily gets 3/4 more presents

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 pm 
Post subject:
Bella83 wrote:
jennaxhx wrote:
Bella83 wrote:
We just have some really nice cereal....something we don't have everyday (everyday cereal for us is branflakes, fruit & fibre, crunchy nut cornflakes or coco pops!)
We did pancakes a couple of years but found we weren't overly hungry for dinner even though we don't est till about 2/2.30pm

You eat dinner at 2.30 Shocked We eat ours at like 5 lol x

Lol or should i say lunch ?? We couldn't wait till 5 & it means my mum can join us on her break between shifts at work (she's on her own). It also means that we spread the presents out so after lunch Emily gets 3/4 more presents

Ah right yeah guess that would be lunch lol i was just imagining you eating dinner at 2.30 then that was you for the night lol

We tend to skip lunch so we are starving by 5 for our dinner lol obviously give the boys lunch but i eat nothing til later on at christmas then pig out til i'm fit to burst lol x

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
When I was married to my ex, his familk used to do a boiled ham and then have boiled ham and runny eggs and home made bread on christmas day with bucks fizz and we didn't have christmas lunch till 4ish so were hungry again then Smile

Mo OH's family tend to do smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. I hate smoked salmon (and no when your pg not advisable as its not cooked only cured) I usually have bacon with mine Smile

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:48 pm 
Post subject:
We have smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on breakfast muffins.

Or we also like savoury pancakes. Normal pancakes with cheese,sweetcorn and parsley or chives mixed in. Them served with crispy bacon and poached or scrambled eggs.
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 am 
Post subject:
argh now I really want smoked salmon & scrambled eggs after reading all these replies! Think I'll more than likely end up doing that for us on xmas morning now, some Mimosa's for us and posh OJ for DD. Although DH found a recipe for French Toast with bananas bacon & syrup which I know DD would love, but she'd like the salmon & eggs just as much. Ooo and maybe some posh bread to toast instead of the usual. And of course there will probably be a little chocolate consumed at breakfast too Laughing

ClairaBell
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:44 am 
Post subject:
We normally have a special breakfast Christmas Eve - usually a fry up, and then on Christmas Day we have bacon sandwiches. This just leaves room for Christmas Dinner. We tend not to bother with lunch on Christmas Eve, as we are so full from breakfast.x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:14 am 
Post subject:
Oh i really want a dippy egg after reading all these replies Sad

With lots of soldiers !! Oh well Laughing

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:43 pm 
Post subject:
i had to have a dippy egg the other day.. haha with chips though.. only 'naughty' food i have indulged in and i couldnt find a good reason not to on google Wink i cant wait for xmas.. my oh makes breakfast and my mil is making christmas dinner... cant complain can i? x
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
Christmas brekkie is probably actually more looked forward to in our family than lunch itself! My sister (who is married with a baby) still goes round to mums for Christmas Day breakfast!

Its not even anything spectacular but my mum always cooks her turkey overnight on Christmas Eve and covers it in turkey rashes and pours loads of little cocktail sausages into the tray with the bird. Its then covered in foil and cooked overnight on a really low heat and in the morning your left with gorgeous crispy bacon and perfectly cooked sausages that are flavoured with all the turkey juices! I do it exactly the same way for my family now.....Christmas brekkie is the best mmmmmmmm!

We aim to have dinner at about 3pm so if I were to get up and do a big fry up or anything spectacular then no-one woudl eat their meal so I save the big fry up for New Years Day breakfast.

Oooooh I love Christmas, its the only time of the year its perfectly acceptable to eat stupid amounts of total rubbish Thumb up

xx
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 pm 
Post subject:
Reading this thread again has made me sooo hungry Laughing I can't stop eating lately.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular