Community midwife appointment

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 am 
Post subject: Community midwife appointment
I've had my first appointment with the hospital midwife a few weeks ago. That was were she gave me dietary advice, took all family history, etc. She said from now on I'll just be seeing the community midwife and I've got my first appointment a week today.

I'm just wondering what this will involve? Will she check the heartbeat? I really really hope so Smile

xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:44 am 
Post subject:
Some do from 16 weeks, some won't until later on incase they can't find one on their basic hand held equipment and it scares the mum.

They will check blood pressure, go through your notes and ask more questions, take urine sample (so go eqipped with it each time). There are 'guidances' that they have to go through... breastfeeding advice, more dietary stuff, and making sure that they tell you things you need to know (some are good, some are gov policy stuff they have to talk about, despite their own beliefs). It's a great time to get to know your MW and hopefully build up a relationship with her so that you feel confident to ask any question or show any part of your body to her when you have worries or concerns.

My CMW was a real hoot and very supportive. You can change your MW at anytime if you don't feel happy / comfortable with her, because they *should* be your support about anything.

xx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:49 am 
Post subject:
At my 16 weeks app she said lets see if we can hear babies HB but she said she isnt promising anything. But it was as clear as day x

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:01 am 
Post subject:
my midwife offered to listen to the heartbeats but said if she couldnt hear them then id have to wait for my next scan for reassurance, which happened to be the day after but if your only having a normal scan at 20 weeks i cant imagine waiting four weeks not knowing whats going on.xx
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:23 am 
Post subject:
My midwife chedied my urine and bp but never even offered to listen to the heartbeat.. She asked me about any concerns etc and was lovely though ended up in there longer than I should have been haha x
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 pm 
Post subject:
I asked mine at about 11wks if she pick it up, she didnt promise she would but there was defo a loud an clear hb an thats when I knew for sure i was having a girl Smile xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular