weaning help???

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 pm 
Post subject: weaning help???
hi all,

my daughter is 1year old, and i have been trying from 6 months to wean her onto solids, but having no luck, she is breastfed, and hv sed it could be that, so i cut that down from being on demand to only twice a day, and still no luck, please help me?,
also she sleeps in our bed, due to no room for another cot in our room, i am going to try and get her to sleep in a travel cot, but she screams the house down, please help, i am pulling hair out

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:08 pm 
Post subject:
What methods of weaning have you used? Are you starting to make a big thing about it? If so she could be picking up on that so I'd put food in front of her but then read, watch tv, etc and pay her no attention at all and see if that helps. Can the hv refer you to anyone about it?

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
I have try's baby jars, home cooked food, and she not interested, I put her in her highchair and give her food so ah can do it herself and I go out the room doing other things so I not making a fuss of her, but nothing, the hv referred us to he doctor and the doctor said to continue feeding her breast milk

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
That's not very helpful of the Doctor.

Is she having night feeds and filling up on those?

Have you tried eating with her and letting her take from your plate? George is not very happy if he thinks he's got different from everyone else.

George will often play with a new food for quite a bit before he decides to try it so perhaps you could introduce food as part of your play?

Does she put other things in her mouth (other than boob)? If not has the doctor checked there's nothing physically wrong with her?

Have you tried a variety of different finger foods?

Jump to:  

Community

Popular