first fever

isabellaandzoieesmom
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:12 am 
Post subject: first fever
my daughter is almost eleven months and has her first fever and i am freaking out
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:33 am 
Post subject:
It's just awful when they are ill. If she has a high temp it's good to strip them down to their nappy or nappy and vest. Also if not allergic give a children's paracetamol from your local pharmacist. It's hard at this age because they can't tell you how they feel.
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
Do you have an ear thermometer as these are most accurate. Monitor temp and if you can't bring it down get her to the Doctors.

George had his first high temp recetly of 40 and gave him calpol and wouldn't come down and wouldn't stop crying. Rushed him to the doctors and guess what he was fine. Temp down, chatting away tot he doctor.

Hope your little one is fealling better sonn.
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:26 pm 
Post subject:
Thx guys I gave her medicine and striped her down she still has one this morning but not nearly as high as yesterday so hopefully she feels better soon her new bed is my arms lol but I wouldn't have it any other way
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:40 pm 
Post subject:
If you are struggling to keep her temperature down, I was told to alternate calpol and nurofen 2-3 hours between each one. I found nurofen worked quickest, so would give that first, and if it didnt come right down, or started going back up I would then give calpol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Six Months to One Year All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular