Bringing feeds up through the nose

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:07 pm 
Post subject: Bringing feeds up through the nose
Hi my 8 month old brought up his milk through his nose earlier today (about 4 hours after having the milk) and he was really upset. He's been a bit off the past few days, he's been having sloppy poos during the night (almost like diarrhoea but a little thicker) and he's been a little bit sick after every feed since Friday. Apart from that he's ok, maybe a little more tired. 

I spoke to the Pharmacist is boots this afternoon who said just to give him calpol and if his temperature rises then to take him to the GP. Anyway I was wondering if your LO have brought there feed up through their nose before? I'm wondering if it's normal?  
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
I remember my LO doing it once, it was just after a full bottle and must have been from wind because it came up with such force it frightened the life out of both me and her!

I remember being shocked at how much came out and that it had come out of her nose but I think that if he's brought it up powerfully then it just finds any orrifce to come out of.....it prob did come out of his mouht as well you just might not have noticed because it was coming out of his nose too.

My LO was about 6 months when she did it but she wasn't on solids by that point so it was all just liquid.....hence it could come out of her nose!

Hope he's OK, I'm sure its nothing to worry about (in regards to it coming out of his nose). Theres loads of little bugs going round this time of year, I've had a poorly little girl all week with D&V Sad

xx
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:21 am 
Post subject:
I wouldn't worry its just if there's a lot coming up too fast its the only way for it to escape. it shouldn't do any harm its just more of a shock for them my eldest lad did it when he's was ill hell I remember it happening to me after a very long night on the booze back in the day when I used to go out its not nice but doesn't cause any problems Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular