Formula...

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:57 pm 
Post subject: Formula...
Hey ladies, sorry if its the wrong place just need a quick answer.... my lo is currently on aptimal comfort through day and breast milk on a night/morning. The thing is shes getting up an hour and half after been fed (in night) so dont think my milk is now filling her..
I was just wondering if she could have the aptimal hungry milk if she wakes in the night? or can you not mix formula like that?
Thanks Xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
Why is she on the comfort milk? If i am right it is often used for constipated babies, which the hungry milk can make them constipated.

I would just try her with a formula bottle in the night to see if that fills her up.

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:40 pm 
Post subject:
She had problems pooing at first so put her on this as she use to scream with tummyache.. Shes fine on thiscomfort milk and going often. I know the hungry milk can make them constipated which is what was putting me off giving her it before now..
Xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
If she was having problems with constipation i wouldnt use hungry milk. Also wouldnt mix milks either. Have you spoke to your HV? X

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:54 pm 
Post subject:
No not spoke to health visitor i go see her next week so will mention it then..
Thankyou, i didnt think it would be ok so thought i best check as the cartons are much more convient in the night.. Thanks a lot Smile Xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:55 pm 
Post subject:
Alex was also on comfort milk for the same reason and went through the same at that age, in fact he went up to about 60oz of milk in 24 hours (I used to log every oz in had lol), the HV advised at 17 weeks to start weaning, which we did VERY VERY slowly. To be honest after about a month he seemed to grow out of it. Maybe you lo is having growth spurt?

I wouldn't give any different type of milk babies with constipation problems don't tend to cope well with keep swapping. Just make up an extra formula bottle and see if that helps. xxx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
She has a jar for vbreakfast with juice but my mum said try include a dinner now too. Which we did today so going to see what shes like tonight. Can you pre-make bottles? Or do you have to make them as they need? Its just shes quite impatient so might scream house down! Lol also it seems as if she feeds for 5 mins off me but its like she only wants it for comfort.. And wont take a dummy anymore Confused Xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:06 pm 
Post subject:
You can pre make bottles Smile they tell you not to but its a load of bull Smile as long as you store it in the fridge as soon as it is cooled and use it within 12 hours it wont do any harm. I did it since my two were just born with no problems x

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh right brilliant! All this time ive been faffing! Lol thankyou =D Xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
yeah I also premade them for Alex, didn't seem to cause any issues. Only thing to remember with comfort milk is if they are pre-made (any type of formula milk) will settle, don't be tempted to shake the bottle make sure you stir, you don't want to create bubbles.

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:38 pm 
Post subject:
Ahhh ok brill going to try tonight.. Thanks Smile Xx

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:39 pm 
Post subject:
Btw why cant you shake? Xx

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
gembo12344 wrote:
Btw why cant you shake? Xx

I think its just cos you'llmake bubbles which will fill your LO with air, i used to just shake it and then wait for some of the bubbles to go down or sort of swish it round rather than shake it up and down x

gembo12344
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm 
Post subject:
Ahhh right thankyou Smile Xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular