argh

Faerydae
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:16 pm 
Post subject: argh
sorry just want to vent lol...

a friend of mine who has a little girl a month younger than LO has just posted on facebook about how she's just seen an advert for baby olbas oil and how it's ridiculous that people can't handle there kids having a bit of a cold and they'll have no immune system by shoving chemicals into them...

well I've been tying a cloth with some olbas oil onto LOs cot for the past couple of nights as he has a really bad cold atm so I politely mention that olbas oil isn't full of chemicals, it's just plant oils and is only for unblocking there nose to help them breathe better and the night I didn't use it, he was waking up hourly and then up at 5am and really upset because he couldn't sleep, since using it he's slept perfectly (if not just waking up to cough and going back to sleep)

so she's just arguing about how she just doesn't like the idea of it, I wouldn't mind, but her LO hasn't had a slight cold or sniffle or anything yet.... wonder if her opinion will change when she's up all night with a snotty baby >_<

rant over Laughing
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:24 pm 
Post subject:
I saw that advert this morning for the first time and was pleased that there is something other than the vicks plug in. Does it make much difference?

I think it is always easy to pass comment about how we should / should not bring up our kids until we go through each situation ourselves. As long as your 'friend' is able to eat humble pie when / if her LO comes down with a cold, esp when she is kept up all night for the umpteenth time because they can't settle

xx

Faerydae
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:29 pm 
Post subject:
I've had it for months, not even seen an ad for it, just saw it in Home Bargain a few months ago and grabbed it for if/when I needed it lol, yeah it really does, as I said, he's managing to get to sleep so he must be breathing better Smile

I'm looking forward to watching her eat said humble pie! Laughing
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 pm 
Post subject:
I used to use karvol as it was around when I was little so the smell brings back memories. Now she is old enough I use vapo rub, and it does make a difference when she is snotty and chesty

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:35 pm 
Post subject:
Does your friend not realise that giving them things to help them breath and sleep when they're ill isn't you not being able to handle them being sick and everything to do with helping them to feel better!! When she has colds or is ill, does she not take anything at all to help her feel better?

I'm pretty confident that the first time her baby is ill and she has to watch her struggle to breath or has to listen to her crying all night because she's so tired but her snotty nose keeps waking her up then she'll be reaching for the Olbas/Vicks/Carvol/Calpol just like the rest of us do!!

xx
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 pm 
Post subject:
Lilly777 wrote:

I'm pretty confident that the first time her baby is ill and she has to watch her struggle to breath or has to listen to her crying all night because she's so tired but her snotty nose keeps waking her up then she'll be reaching for the Olbas/Vicks/Carvol/Calpol just like the rest of us do!!

xx

Yes she will, some people are funny aren't they.

I don't really like giving things to George but he had a really nasty cough a few weeks a go so asked MIL to go to chemist and get some cough syrup to try (I knew they did one for 3 months plus as seen it in boots). She came back with Honey and Lemon and some rubbish story about how the chemist had said they didn't like given medicine to under ones because of rashes and that they recommended Honey and Lemon to which I informed her that Babies can't have Honey till they're one!. She said oh well that's what they recommended, hmmmm! She friegned suprised when I returned from a later visit to boots armed with the cough syrup saying oh it must be because your his Mum, eh no they sell it on the shelf!
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
ive used karvol and snuffle babe on my two since they were tiny.. theres nothing wrong with helping your baby feel a bit better... ive been very lucky with my 2 in regards to illness though :/ xx
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
God I could buy stocks in that stuff and vapour rub too. This time of year Shannah is always full of cold and gets really congested.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular