How Much?

WantToBeAMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:44 am 
Post subject: How Much?
How much do you all spend on your kids at Christmas?
Does it depend on their ages too or do you spend the same on all of them?
X
chattygirl86
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject:
Olivia is 7 months and she has had £40 spent on toys, went to boots and got some 3 for 2 things. I will put money into her savings account aswell and got her her outfit for christmas day and new pjs with her name and my first christmas on them. She is getting absolutely spoilt by everyone else so i haven't went overboard. I buy her something every time we are out too xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 am 
Post subject:
i think all together i spent around 100 pounds each on them for xmas day.. but they have 40 presents between them cos they have a lot of stocking fillers from the pound shop etc.. x
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:00 pm 
Post subject:
No idea. I don't budget for anyone particularly. I just buy things that I think people would like as and when I see them

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
libertytmk wrote:
No idea. I don't budget for anyone particularly. I just buy things that I think people would like as and when I see them

I'm the same, I just have an overall budget and buy for everyone out of that. I don't agree with the whole concept that if I've spent so much on one person then I have to spend that much on another, I usually just buy either what people ask for or whatever I think they would like.

When it comes to LO I start early putting things away as I go and I mix it up with cheap toys and more expensive bits.....prob spent somewhere between £100-£150 on her this year.

xx
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:51 pm 
Post subject:
I save up for Christmas throughout the year and then spend whatever I have on Christmas presents, days out etc. The thing with my kids is that they're all so close in age that it's difficult at this stage to buy separate presents for them all so this year other than a few bits I've got them all joint presents. I did get Shannah a beauuuuuutiful wooden kitchen and accessories though and some doll stuff that will be going in her bedroom. I got a really good play gym with lights and stuff for Alice too that I've already got out.

xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
I budgeted £50 each but i'd say I ended up spending about £100 each.
Heard a convo in the hairdressers that made me feel tight, as follows

Woman - My kid isn't happy with me this year
Hairdresser - Why?
Woman - I've told him he can't have as much this year due to his sister having a baby
Hairdresser - Thats understandable
Woman - Yeah I said he can only have £500 instead of £800 and now he's fell out with me

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

All I can say is WTF! Never will this be the budget for my kids. Even if I was a Lawyer and OH was a Surgeon!

Terri xx

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 pm 
Post subject:
It depends on what mine want. If its reasonable then I can get it. They get about 3/4 presents each. My oh parents spoil them too, which is lovely. Mine get something more expensive for their birthday. They don't have any concept of value so I don't find it a problem.
When I was little there was 5 kids and my mum used to let us look through the Argos and pick 2 things that valued £20. But £100 was a lot for my mum and dad. Now they have 10 grand kids and they give each family £100. Which to me is great.

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:11 am 
Post subject:
Prob to much, I cant wait to get rid of the old and in with the new. I save throughout the year too. I have saved about £150 though in sales etc. I have spoilt Him this year and prob will do every year.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 am 
Post subject:
ive bought her 8 - 10 presents then stocking fillers, she wont get much more of us as i know other people have bought her biggish gifts. I also get her a new outfit for xmas day, id roughly say ive spent 100 pounds, i could spend more but i dont see the point & i havent the room haha xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular