Nursery - advice/opinions please

Jonie1976
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:04 pm 
Post subject: Nursery - advice/opinions please
Hi ladies

My lo who is 16 months has been going to nursery full-time since July. We have a few reservations about where she goes because she doesn't get a lot of sleep, the sink area where all the crockery is washed is in the baby room, so can be noisy, and most days she is on her own (altho they will take her in the older room).

So, we have found another nursery close to the school which she will eventually be going to. However, she is really attached to the two girls who look after her, she kisses & cuddles them, has one to one attention most of the time and seems happy enough. Will I be doing more harm than good moving her?!? She should be moving into the "big" room when she is 2, but I don't like one of the ladies who runs it, so she will definitely moving anyway. It's just a case of when should I do it?!?

Will it be better to mOve her now do that she mixes with other children?!? But then I'm worried she won't get the same attention?!! Arrrrghh why can it just be easy lol xx
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
It hard knowing what to do for the best. If she is happy going there leave her for another while and stop worrying. If she is leaving anyway let her enjoy her one to one attention. I have been worrying about whether to move my lo to private nursery from the childminder now or when he is 3. I have decided to leave him until the summer. The weather will be nicer and hopefully he will be able to play out and have lots of room to wander and get used to a new environment.
My childminder is also used to his funny little ways and his tantrums. I am definitely going to move him so I can get his free 15 hours. I agree though it is so hard to know what to do for the best.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:31 am 
Post subject:
Im the same as Shell, my dughter went to a childminder when I went back to work as I preferred the one to one environment, but I had intended to move her at around 2 so she could get used to being around other children, but didnt as she was settled.

I was offered afternoons at the school nursery by the childminder from January for her 15 free hours, but then my work moved, so it was impossible for me to take it up, so I looked into private nurseries. All the good ones were full, and I ended up going with one by my work even though I had reservations, but the only other one with spaces I didnt feel as happy about.

We have done a staggered start where she increased her days at the nursery so she wasnt thrown straight into full time, and although she tells me she doesnt like nursery, the staff said she has settled in well, and mixes with the other kids.

Could you do that? where she does a couple of days at one nursery and a couple at the other so she has the best of both?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular