Inappropriate?

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:41 pm 
Post subject: Inappropriate?
I have just taken Sam to the park and she went over to a tree and said 'joe pulled his trousers and pants down and did a wee like this' (joe is dad's girlfriends son and is older then Sam)

I really dont think that Sam should have seen this, especially as there are toilets at the park!

I have text my ex and told him so, and said that he will now have to explain to Sam why boys can wee up trees and girls cant.

Im not a prude and there are times that there arent toilets available, but not in full view. I disregarded a nursery as there toilets were open plan, not cubicles and I think going to the toilet should not be done in front of people.

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:50 pm 
Post subject:
It wouldn't have bothered me. I'd just say girls and boys have different bits down there. My boys see me going for a wee all the time though not in the park Laughing

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
I am not sure i like the idea that a child is encouraged to wee up a tree in a public place, especially, as you said, there are toilets there.

Other than her dad, we are all girls here, but OH will not change / shower / go to the loo in front of her (and my dad was the same) however Evie has learnt that boys stand up to wee - when her friends come over she likes to go with them and their mummys to the bathroom and watches! Laughing

xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:03 pm 
Post subject:
Her dad is the same, when she stops over she isnt allowed in the bathroom with him.

There was one time we went to the park and the toilets were locked and Sam told everyone that she had a wee on the grass, but I cant see that was the case on a Saturday afternoon!

If she had walked in on one of them on the toilet it wouldnt have bothered me, but the fact that she went up to a tree and mimicked a boy having a wee, was quite disturbing

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:09 pm 
Post subject:
My 4 year old has been caught short when we have been out and there has been no toilet. I have taken her behind a bush and held her up in the air while she had a wee. Very Happy. If a child needs to go then so be it. Me and my oh are followed to the toilet all the time, it doesn't bother me.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
im guilty of letting my 2 wee on a tree or in a drain if we are no where near a toilet.. i would take them to the toilet if there was one.. in our park the toilets have been made into a 'cafe' but no toilets in the cafe?! the closest toilets are in the super market which is a good 5 minutes from the park.. my oh also wont let them in the bathroom when he goes.. they follow me in all the time.. x
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:48 pm 
Post subject:
My son went thru a stage where he wouldn't tell us he needed a wee and would do it in the garden & in the park up trees too. I think they are just too engrossed in play & worried they will miss something if they have to go 'all the way' to the toilet lol! They do grow out of it, but the trouble is it is so easy for them when caught short compared to girls, I know I never tried to get my son to hold it for too long while I found a toilet when he was bursting but with a girl I can imagine trying to get her to hold on as long as possible. xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular