Names names names!

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:18 am 
Post subject: Names names names!
Ok so most of u know that hubby and I have had real trouble picking a name for our new princess, I have probably posted about a thousand times about it on here!
Well I am getting really fed up and have a bit of a dilema. From before we fell pg I loved the name phoebe, then at about 10 weeks I realised that this was the name that one of my friends wanted if she ever had a baby girl. I didn't think it was much of a problem as I was pg and she wasn't, then she tells me that she is expecting 12 weeks after me! I waited nervously to see if she was having a girl or boy and obviously it's a flipping girl!!
So me and oh have though of a million different names and any that we settle on we go off of in a couple of weeks. The thing is the only name we haven't gone off of and still love is Phoebe! I know that my friend will be having a little phoebe a few months afterwards but it's the only name I like and I'm getting so sick of people telling me what I can and can't call my baby!
We all went for a meal the other night as a big group of girls and I said I quite like the name Imogen and another friend who is due 8 weeks behind me said 'oh you can't have that it's my name!' I could have cried or punched her!

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Pffft call your baby whatever name you choose/like. The way I see it is your daughter is going to be around you forever but your friends may come and go. It's not as though you are related!!! You cannot live life trying not to offend someone because of a name they may or may not call their unborn child. I know many women who have had a name in mind and when they give birth call them something different.

Personally go with what name you and your husband like and take everything else out of the equation! I'm a very headstrong person so this view may not be the same as many others.
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 am 
Post subject:
Did u say to ur friend u liked the name phoebe when she said she liked it cus u never no she might not even call hers phoebe in the end and ud be so annoyed that u went with a different name cus of her and she didn't even call her baby pheobe and u are due before her so I'd say sorry but uve loved this name ever since u got pregnant aswell so why should u give it up and not her! I totally agree with banofee too. I think u should call ur girl what u want x

[url=http://lilypie.com]

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:07 am 
Post subject:
this sounds awful and nasty, but i dont mean it.. but your due first so surely if you have ytour baby first you can call her what you want and your friends will have to make the decision whether or not they want to use the same name... >< my sister in law is due 5 weeks after us and we told her the name we wanted for a boy and she said the same thing.. 'you cant have that thats what we like'... you have every right to call your baby the name you like.. x
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:47 am 
Post subject:
See I'm starting to think the same, I'm sick of trying to please everyone else when it comes to the name of my baby!
It's not a friend that I see very often, not like a best friend or anything and I said right from the start before she was pg that we liked it and she said that's fine but if I ever have a girl it will be phoebe as well. I thought that was fair enough but didn't expect her to then get pregnant with a girl lol!
I know she will be upset because I would be gutted if someone used the name I love a few months before me but I'm just so sick of trying to not step on people's toes etc!

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
I went off anais' name cos a girl i know said she was calling her baby anais. I thought eff it my baby is due first sn i love thst name.

U have saw my phoebe on ingstram, i love her name soooo much an would have happily called all my girls it haha. Just do what u wanna do an sod everyone else, besides she will look like shes copying you Wink

WantToBeAMummy
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:35 pm 
Post subject:
I love Phoebe but it doesn't go with our Sirname! If you and your Hubby love it then go for it! Beautiful name Very Happy x
WantToBeAMummy
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
I love Phoebe but it doesn't go with our Sirname! If you and your Hubby love it then go for it! Beautiful name Very Happy x
XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:04 am 
Post subject:
Is she having the name for certain, it depends how close you are i would say. My friend has a little girl called Isabelle, and I would have called my little girl bella if i was having a girl.

Lol it is annoying isnt it, you just have the name you and ur OH want.

Char

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular