Milk Feeds for a 16 Month Old

Rabbit2812
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:58 pm 
Post subject: Milk Feeds for a 16 Month Old
Hello Ladies,

I am finding it kind of hard to know what is recommended for my 16 month old. I feel that we all got so much advice in the beginning and now my little one is older I dont seem to get any advice on what is normal as far as feeding etc. My little one does eat pretty well normally. Usually her day is as follows:
Wake up and has 100ml Milk
Breakfast of Wheetabix with milk and a banana
Snack of fruit and water
Lunch of Sandwich, fruit and yoghurt
Snack and Milk 100ml
Dinner
Bedtime bottle of 200ml

Is this kind of normal for this age?? Kind of think I may be giving too much milk as she is not a big eater. What are other peoples kids getting as far as milk at this age?
Very Happy
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:40 pm 
Post subject:
Emilia would just have a beaker of blue top cows milk at breakfast and before bed at this age but she'd gone off milk anyway at this stage. It was more that I had to offer her a drink of milk to try and get some into her. I used to have to give her lots of yoghurts and cheese to make up for the calcium x x x

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:53 pm 
Post subject:
Yes agree with the above, possibly my boy was only taking one beaker full per day at that age but he was (still is!) a fantastic eater. My girlie has decided to stop breast feeding Sad so she has 1 or 2 cups of cows milk a day. She eats like a horse too! x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
I was told 1 pint of milk but that can include cheese and yoghurts.

My daughter was having 6oz on a morning and 9oz at bedtime.

fc79
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, if you think your lo is having too much milk and its affecting her eating, then its fine to cut down. My little boy is 18 months old and hasnt had a bottle since he was 11 onths. He prefers food but will have a cup of milk and some ready brek at bedtime.

He typically eats: Breakfast-2 weetabix, sometimes cup of milk, sometimes some toast as well

Lucnch- sandwiches, tomatoes, whole banana, maybe a biscuit

snack- satsuma

dinner- whatever we are eating, usually an adult size cereal bowl full or 1 medium potato mashed, 1 large sausage and some veg or beans

before bed- cup of milk and bowl of ready brek

Sounds like your little girl is doing fine, but maybe if she's struggling to eat dinner then cut out the afternoon milk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular