discovering her girl parts and how to discuss it?!

fuzzyferret
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:12 am 
Post subject: discovering her girl parts and how to discuss it?!
Hi. DD is 3.5 and just in last couple of weeks has discovered her clitoris etc Embarassed and keeps messing about, poking and looking. I know it's just natural curiosity. But I don't know how to answer if she actually asks the question 'what is it?' HELP! And what do you call it? When I was a kid it was referred to as 'tuppence' lol but I cant stand the word so would prefer not to use it!

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:36 am 
Post subject:
My mum always just called it my "front bum" lol funny thinking about it now lol i'm sure it was also referred to as my "wee bum" on occasion too lol (as in little, not as in wee wee lol)

All she needs to know for now is that its for doing pees. I don't think theres much need for going into great detail at this stage x

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
I call it a 'ninnie' Laughing Embarassed

For now I agree with Jenna, just tell her thats where her wee-wee comes out of. My LO asked me a few weeks ago because she was touching herself in the bath and I just said that was where wee-wee came from, it worked because she then said "and poo comes out of my bum"..

I think theres plenty of time yet before we actually have to start on the ins and outs of her lady bits.

xx
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:07 pm 
Post subject:
Sam calls hers her 'bum', I think cause I always say wipe your bum when she is on the toilet.

I have just explained she has 2 bums, one at the front for wee, and one at the back for poo.

Although embarrassing when she tells people mommy has a hairy bum Embarassed

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
With Belle we just call it her bits. Laughing

Shes sometimes has her hands around that area and we just say "leave your bits alone"

lucycherish
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
Amelia calls hers her woowoo haha or front bum, she's been interested in hers earlier than I thought but I think that's part to her havin thrush at the min, here a question how do u explain periods?! Amelia came in the bathroom just after I'd changed my sanitary towel an kept asking me what it was, she decided it was a nappy an then told daddy, nanny, grandad and anyone else who would listen that mummy wears a nappy lmao!! Gotta love them! Xxx
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:48 am 
Post subject:
lucycherish wrote:
Amelia calls hers her woowoo haha or front bum, she's been interested in hers earlier than I thought but I think that's part to her havin thrush at the min, here a question how do u explain periods?! Amelia came in the bathroom just after I'd changed my sanitary towel an kept asking me what it was, she decided it was a nappy an then told daddy, nanny, grandad and anyone else who would listen that mummy wears a nappy lmao!! Gotta love them! Xxx

thanks everyone. lucycherish this also crossed my mind after something similar happened to me last month. I had taken her in to the public toilets (one of them automated ones, but luckily one kept to a high clean standard lol) and er, shall I say, I was on day 2 of period and had a very unexpected big problem Embarassed (sorry!) I had no option to change and clean up with her in the cubicle with me, I couldn't send her out on her own! She kept saying mummy why is your bottom bleeding? I was mortified when we found her dad afterwards and she told him while we were walking down the busy street. Yuk

emmie02 I also say to leave your bits alone. Will start saying 'front bum' too now.

Luckily she hasn't yet asked more questions.

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:28 am 
Post subject:
My little girl came in the toilet with me whil i was on my period and we had just had dinner she looked at me and said mum you have you tomato soup everywhere haha no need to explain that time x
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:59 am 
Post subject:
Sam saw my pad when we were out and said 'mommys pooed herself' I was mortified. Embarassed

I have just told her thats what happens sometimes when mommies dont have babies in their tummy.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:45 pm 
Post subject:
So glad i havent had questions about periods or anything from my two yet! I left a pack of sanitary towels sitting on the table after doing the shopping one day and Craig got hold of them and had them all pulled out over the floor and he was pointing to them saying 'nappy' lol i just agreed haha x

StaceyRD
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
Isabelle calls hers her lady bits Smile and boys have boy bits! Hopefully I am safe for a while! x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular