Dreading tomorrow

MrsZargon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:49 pm 
Post subject: Dreading tomorrow
Hi All,

I'm really dreading tomorrow. Meeting up with a friend who lives abroad but is over for a week visiting relatives. Haven't spoken to her since Aug and even though she is a really close friend from school I have kinda been putting it off cos she has 2 kids both that she fell pg 1st month of trying and has said before she wants another baby. I am seriously dreading her 1) telling me she's pregnant and 2) saying something along the lines of when are we having another/she was hoping I'd be pregnant too. Does that sound really irrational? I just can't bear the thought of her blasé getting pregnant attitude because her experience has been so straightforward each time and I'm worried that I might get upset in front of them!

Can anyone give me some advice/tell me I'm beng ridiculous as my stomach is in knots and I have actually thought about calling off sick and sending my husband and daughter to meet them without me!

Xxx
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:25 pm 
Post subject:
I can't offer any advice sorry but just wanted to say I know exactly how you feel. I have friends that I dreaded seeing as I was sure they were going to tell me they were pregnant. Like you said it is completely irrational, but I couldn't help it. I was worried I would ruin friendships as the dread far outweighed looking forward to seeing a good friend.

All I can say is you'll get your BFP and you'll be so deserving and so appreciative of your baby.

xx

MrsZargon
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:07 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Heath! How are you doing Hun? It must be getting near to your 20wk scan now, hope it's all going well for you x

Yes I was being ridiculous, I had a lovely time seeing them today and there was no talk of pregnancies/having more babies so it seems I am just completely paranoid and working myself up over things that don't happen! Gonna focus on having a great time with my family this Xmas and stop worrying about what ppl may do that will upset me when it may never happen!
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:42 am 
Post subject:
Glad you had a lovely time. I'm fine, 20 week scan is booked for 15th Jan so sure that will come around quick after Christmas. Just waiting to start growing now. A few people have said I'm showing a little bit but I still keep putting it down to food Laughing. I've been so lucky to get no symptoms at all, but I just find that I still don't believe it unless I'm actually in the scan.

xx

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:24 am 
Post subject:
I think you deserve a smooth preganancy after the time it took and the heartache you went through hun Wink xxx

xxHeathxxttcNo1 wrote:
Glad you had a lovely time. I'm fine, 20 week scan is booked for 15th Jan so sure that will come around quick after Christmas. Just waiting to start growing now. A few people have said I'm showing a little bit but I still keep putting it down to food Laughing. I've been so lucky to get no symptoms at all, but I just find that I still don't believe it unless I'm actually in the scan.

xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular