newborn emotions

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 pm 
Post subject: newborn emotions
my lil man was born a week ago after 3 years of ttc and 4 mc. i love him to bits but i was not prepared for the emotions that hit me! i feel scared (i dont know of what) over whelmed and panicy! i keep looking at him and thinking i am responsible for you for the rest of my life.

i cant get my head around the fact i have gone from wanting him to being preg to now having a newbirn!

also really bad sleep deprivation because he does not sleep at night and is very unsettled!

is what i am feeling normal! you never hear people talk about this part!

xx[/list]

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:20 pm 
Post subject:
I would say it's normal in varying degrees, you had a long hard road to this point and probably makes u more panicky. Tiredness makes anyone emotional and sensitive, you probably have a touch of the baby blues - a come down from all those pregnancy hormones too. I would try to focus on enjoying him, sleeping when he does and trying not to feel like u have to be stuck in the house!

Don't worry too much, but if you're feeling overwhelmed try to speak to someone - your health visitor or midwife - it's not uncommon or something to be embarrassed about!

X
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular