Who does your child look like the most: mother or father?

MathewK
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:17 pm 
Post subject: Who does your child look like the most: mother or father?
One of the most frequent thing which young parents attempt to determine is who the child looks like the most.

I have a baby (girl, 8 months) and we've spent a lot of time with my wife trying to compare hew different features with our one. Then we asked all our friends to tell us if the baby look like me or my wife. It's interesting that different people focused on different features. The most popular are eyes, but many look on head shape, nose, ears, hair and even fingers!

Who does your baby looks like: mother or father?

Which features are the most important for you when comparing a baby with parents?
MummyFlint
Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
i like to look at everthing include height and body shape! but who my children look like cause endless stressful debates through different sides of my fmily. and often its not really mother and father look alikes as i find its father vs mothers brothers debate for sons and aunties vs grandmother debates for daughters. ( apparently my children dont look like me lol)
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:38 am 
Post subject:
I think as children change so much that they look like different people at different times.

As a newborn my daughter was the spit of her dad, and now I cant say she looks more like either of us, sometimes i think she looks like me, but not very often.

Everyone always says me and my sisters (one has different mother) look like our dad, and you can see similarities in all 3 of us, yet I look at photos of myself recently and think how much I look like my mother.

MathewK
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:31 am 
Post subject:
MummyFlint wrote:
i like to look at everthing include height and body shape!

Yeah, we do the same! We have even compared fingers and toes Shocked Maybe it looks strange but we found out that our daughters fingers and toes are very similar to my ones:

- ring finger is the second longest finger Smile
- index toe is the longest toe
MathewK
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 am 
Post subject:
How do you usually compare baby features with your ones? Looking in the glass, asking friends/relatives, using software (pc, smartphone)?
MummyFlint
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 pm 
Post subject:
photographs mainly. we like looking pics of my children with photos of family members when they were similar age. i know i hav similar toe features to my mum lol so i know wht you mean. i even look at hair line shapes and and hair types?
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 am 
Post subject:
Both my girls look exactly like their dad - but girlie versions (my baby looks exactly like what her sister did when she was born). I can see it and so can everyone who meets him with the girls, having said that, for those who haven't met my OH say they look like me... until they meet him!

xx

MathewK
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 am 
Post subject:
MummyFlint wrote:
photographs mainly. we like looking pics of my children with photos of family members when they were similar age

Smile Yeah, we usually look photos too! We tried to compare my baby's features with me and my wife in the real world but it was quite a difficult thing.. the baby is always in motion and it's impossible to do this Smile

Does anyone know any app for Android which can compare photos of a baby and parents?
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:51 pm 
Post subject:
We get alot of comments about how my oh cant deny the kids are his?! So other people must see him in tjem. Although Lewis looks more like me according to ffamily member's I personally cant see me in either of them x
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:42 pm 
Post subject: Usefull things about baby's likeness
Here I've found usefull things about baby's likeness:

Interesting article «Fact or Fiction: Do Babies Resemble Their Fathers More Than Their Mothers?»:
«The bias in how mothers remark resemblance does not reflect actual resemblance and may be an evolved or conditioned response to assure domestic fathers of their paternity»

App for Android which helps to understand who baby looks like the most - Dia's Likeness:

+ free
+ compares 3 photos (mother, father, baby)
+ can take a photo or use photos from phone library
+ cool design
review
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 pm 
Post subject:
^^^ and here we have the real reason they was posting, knew they was dodgy Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular