Birthmarks

StaceyRD
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:01 pm 
Post subject: Birthmarks
Just wondered when, if they are to get any, a baby would get a birthmark?
Bit of a random question but my boyfriend asked and I didn't know either!
x

fairytale
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:27 pm 
Post subject:
hi - all my children have small birth marks and were born with them, my daughter has a v small brown mark near her eye, and both boys have a strawberry mark on their necks al of them were born with them.

andie x
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
i was born with mine a brown freckle on my left foot my brother that strawberry ones all over his legs from his ankles to his toosh lol and kates got a small strawberry one on the back of her neck
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
So you're born with them, and don't develop them as time goes on?
Isabelle hasn't a mark on her, think that's why Paul asked!

Rhoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:46 pm 
Post subject:
i think so! but i know jacks got worse as he got older then faded my mum said it was hardly noticeable when he was born
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
I am sure you are born with them. Sam was born with a brown one on the sole of his foot and its getting bigger as he gets older Laughing

My babies are growing up!
taramascara
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:51 pm 
Post subject:
Jaiden has none and sophia developed 1 when she was about 2 months old its olnly a very faint little mark on her lrft bum cheek Embarassed Laughing I tried wiping it away when i 1st saw it then realised what it was afer about a week Embarassed
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:08 pm 
Post subject:
I think that's what I'd try to do, taramascara! Laughing

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:46 pm 
Post subject:
i noticed a strawberry mark ( it started off as feint raised dots in a little triangle) on sophia's back at about 3 or 4 weeks old. I thought i'd been putting the nappy on too tight! As it turned out though, it got redder and more raised and joined up. but now at eight months, you can hardly tell that there was a birthmark there at all!

Mandy xx
Posted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
My son has one between his nose and upper lip which appeared after he'd had 'baby acne' at around 6 weeks old. He's 3 and a half now, and it's all but disappeared. It used to be quite raised and red, but now is virtually flat and very pale.
My two daughters both have 'stork mark' blotches on the backs of their heads, under their hair, which have been there since they were born. You can see they're still there - if you search really carefully!
Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:38 am 
Post subject:
Hi, my daughter has a drtawberry mark on her head. It started to appear when she was about 2 weeks old and gradually got bigger over the next 5 months or so. She is now 12 months old and it has started to flatten down it has also raided slightly. Hopefully by the time she is 3 it should have gone altogether. I also had a strawberry mark on my forehead when I was a baby but it had gone by the time I was 3.

Emsmummy
Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
i dont recall noticing a birth mark on my daughter when she was born but then a faint red mark appeared on her tummy which has now got bigger and redder the midwife said it was a birth mark and that they can just appear so yes to your question i guess that birth marks may appear after birth.
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:20 am 
Post subject:
my son birthmark is on his head, and he also got one on his left eye

simmysim
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:50 pm 
Post subject:
Scott has a mark on his tummy, just left of his belly button, but he never had it when he was born, it looks like a lil patch of him is tanned, and it is full of freckles if that makes sense lol its only about the size of a 2p i asked hv about it when she come to see Holly and she said even though they are called birthmarks they arent always born with them. Scott was about 3 when it started to appear.
xxx
StaceyRD
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
The doc said Isabelle had a strawberry mark on the base of her spine, when he first checked her over, but I couldn't see it.
Now at times you can, looks like a little bruised area, but it comes and goes and hasn't got bigger or darker or anything.
My birthmark is a dark spot, like a mole, on the base of my foot, but apparently have always had it!

Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular