OH's

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:41 pm 
Post subject: OH's
What do yours do to help?

Anais is 3 weeks old tomoro an apart from getting the odd lie in while he was off mines done sweet fa. He hasnt washed upafter dinner once, hoovered or mopped or done any house work. I even had to build her bouncy chair cos hes on COD all the time.

Im currently sat waiting for her fall asleep watching neil play while so i can go an wash up an go for a bath. Im bf so i know he cant do much there but theres he could do but doesnt, its like he doesnt think. Im having a hard time with my feelings towards him atm, i cant bring myself to say i love you back when he says it to me. I think its cos i dont like him as a person lately i dunno. I just feel like hes being a right lazy git an is takin the micheal outa me Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:49 pm 
Post subject:
Aww hunni..give him a kick up the arse.
My OH started his paternity on the Friday before Tilly was born..knowing he was out for his works do on the Saturday and then he had tickets for a footie match on the Tuesday night too...we got into a huge argument cos it was like he was using the paternity for his own benefit!!! (Turns out he needed to start it then or risk loosing it Rolling Eyes )

But tbh..since Tilly was born he's been really good. I'm breastfeeding so he's doing all the stuff with our son..school runs, he cleans daily and 'tries' where he can (he has issues with the washer and the dishwasher lol) he's not been cooking so we've kinda been living off takeaways..but he's fab at ordering a good curry Wink

I think had he have been like your OH I'd have lost it by now. You need to tell him..drop the odd hint and if that doesn't work spell it out lol.
I did allow Chris a couple of hours on the Xbox the otherday cos I felt he earned it Laughing

What I'd be inclined to do is give bibs a good feed then immediately after hand her over to OH and go run yourself a bath and lock the door. Xx
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
mine started out amazing but the novelty is starting to wear off. he has 6 weeks paternity leave so i am lucky there. he stays up until 3am with travis then goes to bed and i stay downstairs with him. he does cook and vacum but i do all other house work. more because i get on with it because if i ask he will say yea i will do it in a bit but i want it done asao so i just do it! he could be a lot worse vut also better.

i would speak to him before it causes major problems. sometimes they just dont realise they are pants! xx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
mine started out amazing but the novelty is starting to wear off. he has 6 weeks paternity leave so i am lucky there. he stays up until 3am with travis then goes to bed and i stay downstairs with him. he does cook and vacum but i do all other house work. more because i get on with it because if i ask he will say yea i will do it in a bit but i want it done asao so i just do it! he could be a lot worse vut also better.

i would speak to him before it causes major problems. sometimes they just dont realise they are pants! xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:01 am 
Post subject:
I would def speak to him before you build yourself and having a blazing row. Esp with the lead up to xmas - that's the last thjing you'd need.

I am lucky, Oz does pretty much everything ATM as well as going to work, but then I am still rough after my kidney failure and pre-eclampsia (I am still testing positive for it 4 weeks on) so he has been a dream and doing everything - doesn't help that I can't drive for 2 more weeks (not that i would want to yet) so he does the childminder run, shopping, cooking etc and I wash up / clothes and do baby things.

Say something when the time is right, better to get it out than let it fester hun

xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
How are you getting on Lexismum? Did you have words?
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 pm 
Post subject:
We went for the blazing route Very Happy I have to smile cos i feel loads better. Hes still not helping me so im going to be a [*CENSORED*] n tell his mum Laughing

I think even if he did help tbh id only redo it all cos im quite anal. I just want a tidy houe an to be able to have a bath. Anais has been on n off my boobs since 7pm, they are killing. I had a cold tea an a 5 min dunk in the bath. Im now sat in bed with wet hair an anais still on my boobs while he sleeps next to me Rolling Eyes

Every row we have ends up getting us nowhere he just doesnt get whay im saying at all cos his answer is "i work 10 hours a day" I work 24/7 when do i get a day off an who do i book holidays with is my answer!@

lysianassa
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:19 pm 
Post subject:
Mine isn't too bad at the moment but that's only because he knows he'll have my mum to deal with - she seems to have more influence than what I do Rolling Eyes (must be the whole Chinese obeying/respecting their elders lark). We've been doing nighttime shifts - I go to sleep at nine and he does the feeds until around 3am (4.20am this morning which was nice) and after that then its my time. He will change and feed her if necessary and he walked into town and back again with me yesterday as its very hilly where I am and the double pushchair can get heavy. Plus he'll help me out with Sebastian when I need to.

So, all in all, not bad for a guy. But I think part of it is guilt as he leaves in three weeks now for his new job so i will be on my own afterwards until he gets his butt back Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular