Breastfed baby's?

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:27 am 
Post subject: Breastfed baby's?
How long does your breastfed baby go between feeds?
I breastfed my first..on demand and he was going 2ish hours between feeds and about 3-4hrs at night.

My little girl however is averaging 3-4hrs through the day an upto 5hrs at night and that's when I have to wake her...I bet she'd go longer if I let her Shocked

My son was quite a quick feeder..done in 10-20 mins but my daughter is usually about 30 mins. I just thought as she's still little she's likely to feed little and often Confused

I'm not complaining mind lol...I'm getting a cracking nights sleep.

When she does feed she's alert and has a couple of alert periods through the day too.

Anyone else's breastfed baby go so long between feeds?
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:48 am 
Post subject:
Jamie never went more than two hours day or night, cluster fed from about 8pm-11pm and often until 2 or 3am and more if he was going through a growth spurt.

However, all three of us were bf. I went four hours from very early on, Mum had to wake the next one down to feed her and the youngest slept 12 hours at night from a few weeks old

Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:57 pm 
Post subject:
Around 2 - 3 hours, with periods getting longer at night at around 3 months.

George would feed for 10 mins sometimes other time 1/2 hour. I think when they are little and they feed for longer it's because they are not that efficient at it so takes longer to get full. George would have 5 - 10 min feeds at 9 months.

Perhap you little girl likes to fill her tummy right up.
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
My girl used to cluster feed between 6pm and midnight then sleep for about 6-7 hours pretty much from birth. She has always been a quick feeder too. I wouldn't worry as long as she's putting on weight and defo wouldn't wake her at night. enjoy it while it lasts! x

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:40 pm 
Post subject:
My little girl has always gone 3-4 hours during the day, she is 10 weeks old now and goes between 3-6 hours during the day and between 5-7 hours at night. I woudnt worry too much - they soon tell you when they're hungry.

She can feed anywhere between 10 - 40 mins!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular