can a miscarriage be prevented?

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:50 pm 
Post subject: can a miscarriage be prevented?
Im just wondering if there is anything that can be done to make sure you dont miscarry again? I cant seem to find much on google. xxx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Well April Im no doctor but seeing as I have had 2 miscarriages in the past Ive decided to take low dose aspirin, Ive read of a few ladies taking it.

http://miscarriage.about.com/od/treatment/f/baby_aspirin.htm

You can get it anywhere I get mine in asda just make sure its low dose one. Mines 71mg (thats if you chose to take it) x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
I was also prescribed aspirin by my consultant x

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
So sorry to read about your MC April.

I agree with the ladies below re low dosage of aspirin, but maybe check with your GP before taking any. Just so you get the correct dosage.

Big hug. xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
It depends on what is causing the miscarriages. Maybe worth getting your thyroid checked and hormones checked first off to check everything is ok with those first. You can also discuss things like aspirin.
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:58 pm 
Post subject:
thanks, i am going to see my gp after ive had the scan on thursday. I think its still best to get the scan to make sure everything has come away? I will mention the aspirin to my gp and ask if they will refer me for further tests but i know most places wont untill you've had 3 mc. What dosage did you take bella and sweetpea.
Thanks for the link claire thats an interesting read.
xxx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
unfortunately hun most mc happen because of defects which is why most of them happen before 12 weeks. i had 4 and i did so much research looking for answers. if there is a reason it is happening i.e sticky bloos or hormone defects etc then there is things you can take.

after all my tests they found nothing wrong but put me on baby aspirin as they said it would not do me aby harm. i was also put on proesterone pessaries even low my levels were not low they said it would not do any harm.

i would see if your docs would do tests. unfortunatley we were just classed as unlucky! massive hugs xx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
I had 3 losses before theyd do any tests for me, my gynae said pretty much same as Erin that its most likely down to something being wrong with baby and its just pure bad luck it happened.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi April. I "only" had one MC so I did not go on aspirin. I hope you have your BFP & are holding your baby in your arms before you know it. Smile

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
also my OH has said a few times he thinks its because i bled so much after having Kayne. I lost 1500ml straight after having him and i also had bad tearing, 2nd degree i think it was, could there be scar tissue or something up there? Would they check for things like that?
what dose were you on erin? and thanks speetpea x

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
Another thing that can cause miscarriages are bacterial infections so once the blessing has stopped get yourself swabbed.
If there is a problem with your uterus then they should be able to see anything on the scan. An incompetent cervix can cause problems too.
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:44 pm 
Post subject:
Hi April - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Sad *hugs* But I wanted to reassure you that it is almost impossible to be because of damage from your first child as your DH suggested. I am lucky enough to be pregnant again very soon after having my baby boy and I had a fourth degree tear (basically tore myself in half front to back and upwards >.<) which took over 2 hours to stitch with 80+ stitches and lost a lot of blood, but scar tissue even in the most severe cases like mine doesn't reach near anywhere that could 'cause' miscarriages.

It is more likely as the other ladies have said that it is either due to a hormone-issue in which case you would need testing to determine which and what treatment would be best, or down to really bad luck - in which case there is little to be done but to try again and keep fingers crossed for a healthier pregnancy next time.

I'm so sorry again and having had a miscarriage at 6 weeks myself, I can feel your pain, but I wish you the very best with your continued journey and hope that you have more luck the next time and a happy and healthy pregnancy to enjoy in 2013 xxxxx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:22 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks so much everyone. When i was ttc Kayne i had all the tests done after a year and my day 21 progesterone was very low like between 2-8 i think and my second one was 1 or 2. Even when i took 50mg clomid it only went to just over 30. But then i fell pg on my second natural cycle after 4 failed clomid cycles and had a problem free pg, maybe my hormones are still messed up?
mingomayo thanks for your experience i wasnt sure if the hemorrhage could of caused damage.
Banoffee ive never had any sort of infection down there apart from a yeast infection a year or two ago and ive been with the same partner for 6 and a half years so havnt been tested for any STD for a few years. Plus im too young to have a smear test but i will definatly be asking to be tested.
xxx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:53 am 
Post subject:
I was told by my acupuncturist that another reason is often because the uterus is cold. I don't know how much of that is right but she advised me to keep my feet warm at all times and to use a hot water bottle if my tummy felt cold.

I don't know how much of that is true, if at all, but just another thought (she does needs for fertility and I got preggers straight after having them).

xx

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
I take 75 mg i think it is. Its only a very very small dosage x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular