6 Month Old Naps Help

Koutsy
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:31 am 
Post subject: 6 Month Old Naps Help
My 6 month old has been a dream baby up until this week. She has no problem sleeping through the night 7-7. We have been in a pretty consistent routine for the last 3 months with 3 daytime naps of no more than 3 hours total. As of this week she screams the house down when I try and put her down for her naps. Yesturday it took me 2 hours to settle her and get her to sleep ( she had been awake for 3 hours propr to that). I must confess that I have held her to sleep since she was born! Any advice welcome!
Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:57 am 
Post subject:
Sorry but I can't help as I also hold my 8 month old baby until he falls asleep. I cuddle him throughout his day sleeps too. I would also like to know how others get there babies to sleep without cuddling them especially during the day.
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 pm 
Post subject:
If you want to make things easier you need to get her into the habit of falling asleep herself. Put her in her cot and let her lie there for a while, if she's tired which she is likely to be, she'll go to sleep eventually.

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:43 pm 
Post subject:
I started off doing the cuddle to sleep thing but it put my life on hold because as soon as I put him down he'd wake up.

So I then started laying him in his moses basket on the sofa next to me and gently patting his back, or stroking his head, even through the wriggling, it worked after about 4 days. Be strong as soon as you go back to old habits it will be twice as hard.

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Must admit from day 1 my girly went straight into her cot (i refused to use a moses basket or anything similar as i didnt want the transition)she was awake every time, and now, she wont let me rock her to sleep. Im afraid the only way out of this is to let them scream it out awake in the cot. Its okay to do, i've had to do this after Lola has been ill and out of her sleep routine. xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular