Christmas traditions?

dizzy26
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:34 am 
Post subject: Christmas traditions?
Hi there,
Sorry if this has been asked before but just wanted to know what everyone's traditions are at Christmas. I've got an almost 14month old so too young this year to really know what's going on. But I would just like to know what everyone else's are. My oh has children from a previous marriage and they had new pjs Christmas eve and I know this is quite common but I want to have some different ideas for our little one. Anyone do anything different?.x
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm 
Post subject:
We buy a little present for xmas eve something to keep them busy for quite a few hours to pass the time otherwise they go crazy waiting - like velvet art pictures or a game x
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 pm 
Post subject:
We buy the boys new pjs and a new Xmas dvd.. This year we've took that a bit further and made a cost bag.. With ojs socks dvds chocs a new mug with a sachet of hot chocolate Smile we have a nice early bath snuggle in pjs and watch the dvd witha hot chocolate Smile x
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
We do the same, new pjs,a cuddly teddy,hot choc mug, some sweets/biscuits etc x

dellabobella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 pm 
Post subject:
My two eldest know a bit more about whats going on this year. I've done them all a little bag each with Pjs, socks, dressing gown, book, dvd, hot chocolate sachet, sweets etc for Christmas Eve.

toots99
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah we do new pjs and we often go out for some lunch hot choc Christmas Eve.
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:31 pm 
Post subject:
Aaawww these are such lovely ideas Smile We've got our Kimberley some new Christmassy PJ's but she is still a bit young for the DVD and hot chocolate...maybe mommy and daddy could indulge instead Wink hehe. I reckon next year we could possibly do it though as she'll be nearly 2.5 years. Thanks for the ideas guys Smile xx

NicolaOasis
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
I love christmas eve Smile We get up early and go see santa then go for a nice lunch.

When we get back in there is a christmas bag waiting for Aimee, we tell her its from a cheeky christmas elf Smile This year in her bag there is pjs, dressing gown, slippers, bubble bath, reindeer food, christmas dvd and a christmas minnie mouse teddy. Im sure there is something else in there too but i cant remember.

The idea for us is that we then get her into a bath using her magic bubble bath, get the new pjs on, watch her dvd, go the mince pie, drink, carrot thing for santa and then sprinkle the reindeer food outside so rudolph can find us and then bed for 7pm ..hopefully xx
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:41 pm 
Post subject:
I love the idea of the Santa bags !! Emily is not really a hot drink person & because she hardly grows each year lol i can make a dressing gown last ages but on the subject of the topic we do get her some pj's to open xmas eve this year being Disney princess as that's her thing right now & she then gets a little something on her bed for when she wakes up xmas day morning. We tell her she only gets that if she is fast asleep as Santa checks on her lol. This year its some Christmas angel hair grips as she always wears a hair grip & some Minnie mouse underwear she has been crazing for Smile

dizzy26
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies. I love the idea of Christmas bags too for Christmas eve. Please keep the ideas coming.x
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 pm 
Post subject:
wow what lovely ideas.

I cant wait for Belle to be a bit older so i can do this with her.

I normally cuddle up on sofa and watch Santa Clause: The movie (the old film with Dudley Moore)

I found an American website that has matching Xmas pjs for the whole family so nxt yr im gonna get us all some for Xmas eve.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular