Christmas is ruined!

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:17 pm 
Post subject: Christmas is ruined!
So I'm still throwing up, I feel ugly, my skin is horrendous and generally feel extremely unsexy. It feels like everyone else is going to have an amazing christmas except me. I work for myself so have no work do to look forward to, got nothing to celebrate. I wont be eating any dinner come christmas if i still feel like this, which I obviously will so why the hell should i bother cooking. I really want to boycott christmas and lie in bed all day instead of cooking my family dinner. I cant stop f*cking crying either. its annoying. I cant drink alcohol, I cant have pate or mouldy cheese.. oh and guess what I feel so [*CENSORED*] i happened to have gone off everything i can eat!!!! What I would give to keep a meal down or actually enjoy food. Its got to the point i cant even swallow my own saliva, my oh must thisk im gross seeing me spitting every 5 mins!

apologies for the massive rant but needed to get that off my chest! If you have any tips on getting rid of this pointless sickness i would be grateful. Dont unmderstand why my stupid body feels the need to make me go off everything, like a parsnip is going to hurt the baby! arrrggghhh

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 pm 
Post subject:
I had morning sickness with my girls from 4 wks pregnant till I gave birth, I was even throwing up during labour, and on my wedding day, it was so sever I lost over 3 stone in weight and was very dehydrated, but It didn't ruin anything I didn't let it, I felt horrendous 24, but I'm proberly gonna get shot down 4 this, nearly every post u have made has been moaning about your sickness, I understand how bad it is I truly do but there is so many women that would give their right arm to be where you are now

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:22 pm 
Post subject:
Tina I resisted saying anything but I agree with you 100 %, I sympathise with you for having severe morning sickness but Id rather have that than be stuck where I am - 5yrs trying, several losses and failed treatments. How about celebrating the fact you have a miracle growing inside you this christmas.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:52 pm 
Post subject:
I felt sick over Christmas when I was pregnant and yes it does get you down but it's so worth it!! You will be able to indulge on all those foods once the baby is here. Be thank full you have something beautiful growing inside you and concentrate on that. the 2nd trimester you will be glowing and full of energy and I know so many women who would happily feel that way now for a baby. Your hormones will settle down soon
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
I appreciate what you ladies are saying but I feel there is alot of pressure for me to carry on as normal and i dont see why I should make christams magical for everyone else when ill be stuck in bed all day. I cry near enough every day because i feel guilty that i am incapable of caring for the child i already have which in my view she is more important than someone ive never met.. i know that sounds harsh but i feel immense guilt, anger and sadness that i will be ruining xmas for everyone else because of how i feel.

I really do appreciate what you are all saying and i am sort of celebrating (when i feel better i will be) but not one person in my family has offered to take over for me, im expected to cook and clean come christmas on an empty stomach, then lie in bed and listen to them eating it while im all alone.. dont think some of you realise how emotionally upsetting that is. and im not one of these women that has beautiful loving pregnancies, i dont care about the baby until its born.. dont know why but thats just how i am.. so its a bit difficult to be happy about being in a room alone with a sick bucket for company come christmas day.. sorry if it makes me odd for not enjoying that part of pregnancy.

and yes my posts are moaning about morning sickness because i need to talk to someone, i dont want to talk to oh as i dont want him getting sick of me. I have no family to turn to so I dont think im being ungrateful for the fact im having a baby just struggling to cope emotionally and physically. I have lost a stone already and its only been 8 weeks that ive been sick for. I dont need to justify mysefl really.. i was just really upset and needed to vent.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:51 pm 
Post subject:
If the sickness is as bad as you describe I don't understand why you are not in hospital. My sisters friend was in until 5 months as she was so sick all the time. Your daughter will not miss out if you don't cook up a proper Christmas dinner (most kids are not fussed about the dinner) children are just about the presents and if you are up with her for that then that will be good for her.
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
(removed)

Last edited by ShevAndNissyNoo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
i understand you feeling crappy hun but im with everyone, i would literally give anything to still have my baby growing healthy inside me right now Crying or Very sad

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
I really didnt ask for everyone to make me feel guilty. I feel guilty as it is as i am aware there are women that lose babies, I have had a mc before myself so i know what its like. but if you were throwing up all day and night and could only just about keep down water i dont think you would be ahppy all the time.. maybe im wrong but im not the sort of person thats ever seen light at the end of the tunnel.. im the sort of person that doesnt think i will ever die, when i was at school i never thought i would leave.. cant really explain it but all i feel is the here and now and i dont love this baby yet so its hard to say its worth it right now. Im not a bad person for feeling like this. I just needed someone to talk to ffs

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
I think the post is pretty selfish too, all I can say is get a grip, all u do is moan and whinge about not feeling sexy, feeling ill etc, this is your second child, u where obviously aware of the changes that where going to happen to your body before you got pregnant, u even sed in a previous post that u had given up trying to concieve because of how u felt being pregnant and all that you would have to give up then a month or so later u were announcing that u were pregnant, I just don't get it

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Post subject:
(removed)

Last edited by ShevAndNissyNoo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Post subject:
Quite frankly i think alot of people are far too judgemental when they dont know someones personal circumstances.

Last edited by XxAvasmummyxX on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
ShevAndNissyNoo wrote:
So if your sickness is that bad then why arent you in hospital or on anti sickness meds? Yes you maybe felt lonely in hospital, I was in for the best part of 5 weeks post delivery after my little girl because I was so poorly so know only too well, but yours and your babies health is paramount!

I have been put on 3 types of meds.. none of which work. stop being so bloody judgemental. and in my eyes the daughter i have already is far more important. nobody could care for her so hospital is not an option.

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
(removed)

Last edited by ShevAndNissyNoo on Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
XxAvasmummyxX wrote:
ShevAndNissyNoo wrote:
So if your sickness is that bad then why arent you in hospital or on anti sickness meds? Yes you maybe felt lonely in hospital, I was in for the best part of 5 weeks post delivery after my little girl because I was so poorly so know only too well, but yours and your babies health is paramount!

I have been put on 3 types of meds.. none of which work. stop being so bloody judgemental. and in my eyes the daughter i have already is far more important. nobody could care for her so hospital is not an option.

this post isnt judging you at all, she is simpy saying you should be in hospital if your as bad as what your saying Confused

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to:  

Community

Popular