can anyone help with scan notes from mc?

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:58 pm 
Post subject: can anyone help with scan notes from mc?
Ive just got back from my scan to confirm ive had a mc and i dont understand some of the notes.

It says 'The endometrial interface is echogenic and slightly thickened at 9mm. Appearances may be consistent with haemorrhage' So i know the first bit means my womb lining is still quite thick as she explained that to me, the second sentence is the bit i dont get 'Appearances may be consistent with haemorrhage' Can anyone shed any light?

The rest basically says there was no sac or fetal pole, both ovaries appear normal and there wasnt alot of blood in my womb.
xxx

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
I would say that the hemorrhage part relates to the bleeding because of the miscarriage youve just had. Sorry it turned out this way x
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:10 pm 
Post subject:
I am so sorry to hear this Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 pm 
Post subject:
ok thanks claire, i just wasnt sure what it meant xxx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
ow hun i am so so sorry!! i am really gutted for you. if you ever need to chat please pm me.

That does mean that what they have seen is consistant with bleeding. Its basically a medical term that confirms what they have seen is consistent with the bleeding.xx

Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:53 pm 
Post subject:
thanks hun, i do feel ok im focusing on christmas and cant wait to see my little boy open his presents, im hoping he will get excited as last year he had no idea what was going on Laughing
Ive had a good few cries and im just trying to put it behind me now. Its going to be a hard new year though as the baby from my mc i had in may should have been due 1st jan. I think i might light a candle or something.
xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular