Feeling depressed

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:14 pm 
Post subject: Feeling depressed
It was my 40th yesterday which I was looking forward to as my OH had told me he would get me the earrings I wanted, they are not expensive (about £30) as I never ask for expensive presents

We get up he doesn't even say happy birthday, he leaves me to sort Alex out (including the getting up extra early with him because 'HE' is tired because he didn't come to bed till 1.30am.

He gives me my present which consists of 2 cd's of HIS favourite artists who I'm not too fussed about, and a really cheap card, he didn't even get me a card from Alex. There was no jewellery either despite him telling me he'd ordered it, which means he's saving its for christmas I suspect.

I'm really sad because for his birthday and fathers day I make such a special effort and pick reallly personal presents, like framed photos and photo calendars and always look for a really apt daddy card. It just seems like he can't be bothered, I mean I know he's not too fussed about birthdays, but he KNOWS how I hated my childhoood birthdays as I never got presents, or had parties or cakes I was just told, well your birthday is to close to christmas so you don't need presents.

I'm sure I'm feeling worse because I'm pg and like most women feel taken for granted all the time Embarassed but would you not expect something a bit special on a 'big' birthday, its not my fault its close to christmas time Confused

Its not like he's had christmas presents to buy as I've bought all of Alex's and every single one for his family and I mean every single one, he hasn't even chosen any this year. I feel stupid now, I've made such an effort for him for christmas, with photo albums, personal calendars and a very expensive phone, I love him to bits, but I want to feel special sometimes too Sad

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:48 pm 
Post subject:
Oh Trace, I think I would have been upset. Happy birthday for yesterday though.

On my birthday this year DH took Harry out to get me a present and a card. I didnt expect anything as we moved into our new flat on that day so I knew he would be busy. Last year I didnt get a birthday cake from him and I never let him live it down lol

I think us ladies tend to think that if we do something nice for our OH's for birthdays that they 'might' just realise when its our turn and treat us to something special.

My BIL always promises my sister that he will get her something nice for her birthday/Wedding Anniversary/Christmas and she never gets it. Normally its me that gets her cards from the kids. On their 10th Wedding Anniversary in May I got flowers delivered to the house from her kids cause I knew noone else would bother.

I sometimes think I'm too sentimental about things and think about making people happy when they dont return it. Not that I expect things in return but as long as the thought is there.

Maybe have a 40+1 birthday next year, and pretend likes thats the one you want to celebrate Very Happy

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:56 pm 
Post subject:
Aww hun. I'd be disappointed too. Happy birthday for yesterday though! I think women are programmed different to men. The only reason I get presents is cos I take him to tje shop and show him what I want.. Lol Im still waiting for my present for last years birthday cos I asked for a tattoo and he never booked it or took time off so I could go get it done...

As for Xmas he went shopping with his mum for my present but I've doe all my family and his family and the boys otherwise we wouldn't be ready at all... X
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:24 pm 
Post subject:
I would be very annoyed! Its my 30th next year and at the very least I expect to be spoilt! it doesn't have to be anything expensive (although a romantic break for two would be nice lol) it could be breakfast in bed, cards made by him and the kiddies that kind of thing, the thing that makes you feel appreciated!

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular