Dropping milk feeds

AliJo
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:23 pm 
Post subject: Dropping milk feeds
My baby's 8 1/2 months old and on 3 meals a day. I was wondering when and how to start dropping her milk feeds? I currently breastfeed her at 7.30am, 11.30am, 2.30pm, 5.15pm and 6.45pm. I want to drop the 11.30am and 2.30pm feeds by Feb as I'll be back at work. I'm not sure which feed to drop first? When I stop the 11.30am feed I was going to give her her dinner then instead of 12. When I stop the 2.30pm feed I was going to replace it with a snack and water. I had thought of starting to drop one feed at the beginning of Jan and after a couple of weeks, stop the other. Is this leaving things a bit late, should I start now? I just don't want to deprive her of breast milk. (Btw, I'm not keen on bottle feeding so replacing breastfeeds with a bottle isn't an option).
MummyFlint
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:23 pm 
Post subject:
why not try delaying the feeds see if she notices? offer her a snack if she does? as ure not willin to transfer to bottle feeding im not sure what advice to offer unless u wanna express and give in a toddler beaker? what about talkin to ure HV and see wht there advice is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Feeding and Weaning All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular