weaning for breastmilk to solids

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:37 am 
Post subject: weaning for breastmilk to solids
heya all

my daughter is 10 months old, and since 6 months i have tried weaning her onto solids, but she dont seem interested, she is full satisfied on just breast milk, everytime she has solid food she throws it up, and pushes it away, please can someone help me

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
Is she taking any purée at all? Or anything she can feed herself? I think I'd speak to my hv tbh. Sorry not to be very helpful x

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:05 pm 
Post subject:
I have spoken to health visitor and all she says is keep trying her, which I am doing, I got her to have rusk and milk but now found out she is teething so she is refusing any solids but I just going to keep trying it will be a slow process will keep you informed x

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
my daughter is nearly 13 months and still not eating solids, hv keeps saying "keep trying" which i am doing i have even cut the breast feed down loads, and still no luck please

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:32 pm 
Post subject:
Are you only trying with purée? I would sit her on your lap and see if she will pick up anything from your plate and put it to her mouth if she does then next time just put stuff from your plate on her high chair tray and let her go for it!
My son eats so much more than my daughter ever did as I did baby led weaning from the word go. I did purée with my girl and it took me forever to wean her.

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
She will have my food on her high chair tray but she won't come on boob

jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
When are you giving her her brestfeed? I feed my son around an hour or so before food

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 pm 
Post subject:
Bit confused? So she will take solids now but not purees but won't take boob? Or won't take solids but will drink?

If a case of solids means she won't have boob then maybe she is ready to wean off the boob all together? Or maybe because she is having solids from her tray she is fuller so needs less boob feeds. How many does she have? At that age, Sophia had 2 feeds a day (however she was fully weaned at this point), one in the morning and one at night but offered cows milk at lunchtime in addition. Even when first weaning, again as a guide, she was on four bfs a day.

Hopefully helpful.

If not eating solids AT ALL, then I think bypass the HV and talk to doctor as milk alone does not have all the nutrients she will need at her age which i think would be enough reason for concern and for someone to look into further. Hope u find answers soon.

Mandy x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular