Appointment received!!!!!!

teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:16 am 
Post subject: Appointment received!!!!!!
Well ladies I thought I would come on here and share my update!

After feeling pretty [*CENSORED*] after the weekend I got my mojo back and thought right I am going to chase the hospital up if you dont ask you dont get, I spoke to a lovely lady who took a little while I explained to her that my hospital had made a mess of our referral to them and we where already 4 months behind what we should have been she came back to the phone and said oh all your results are back (as we had to have all them redone in sep) she said you will get an appointment end of jan at the latest early feb!

So yesterday got a massive pack from them appointment is the wed 16th January!!!!!!

Its massive there as there are loads of booklets in in about ivf and the procedure literally explaining everything from start to finish about what happens, I dont like the 1 in 4 preganancy is acheived stats Question but then I have no better odds myself at the minute!
It gives contact numbers for every department that you would need whilst doing ivf.

I cant beleive how its fallen as one of the reasons I rang is me and oh are going to go on holiday we are looking at booking thurs 17th for a week to cape verde and I thought would just be my luck that the app falls while we are away and then we would have to cancel!

so this is perfect I will just finish at lucnh on the wed go to the appointment and then holiday for a week the next day!!!

I feel like we are finally getting somewhere, surely we wouldnt be sent all that if we where going to be refused?

My only massive concern is the that I would need to go for a scan and bloods on numerous days well I would really struggle with this and it would cost me a fortune its at least £20 return to manchester and about a 3 hour round trip, I mean I will do anything I have to do but I dont want work to know and I dont want to have to talk all my holidays at once.

I know nat said something about I could maybe get those done near to me?

I just dont know how much stress that would put me under its a good 120 mile trip and doing that every day, the last time I took OH we got the early app and it took 1 hour 45 mins to get there

sorry I am just thinking out loud

But if anyone can let me know how many times I would need to go it would be a huge help to settle my mind?!

Thanks ladies

I hope you all have a fab christmas and new year! x
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:41 am 
Post subject:
Fantastic news Very Happy
It's got to be worth asking if you could have the scans and bloods done locally Question As its such a long trip everytime Question I know not all hospitals do all possible tests though, especially things like the AMH , if they're not happy to let you do that then maybe they can organise as many things as possible for the same visit Question
If you can book the train in advance its much cheaper,an off peak day return is only £15 even buying on the day , and some trains are express ones that really cut the journey times (just from where I am the express took 25 mins of the journey) and there's a bus (the 147) from picadilly station to the hospital Smile
http://www.route147.co.uk/visiting-the-hospitals/
As they don't offer the services in your area though you'd think there'd be some sort of help with travel costs Question

1 in 4 doesn't sound great on paper, but that could be overall and some women and their partners have multiple issues so your own personal chances are probably better than that Smile Great timing with the holiday as well Very Happy
I can't see them turning you down now Question Surely if they were going to do that they would have let you know when they received your notes and got the bloods back rather than making an appointment and sending the pack out Question
Ohhh its all exciting stuff though Smile , seems like everyones starting IVF in the New Year Shocked wish i could talk my OH into it Rolling Eyes Laughing
I really hope this is it for you now and you get that BFP really soon Very Happy xx
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:11 am 
Post subject:
Thanks nat I cant beleive its finally here, it feels so real!

I am hoping OH is going to get as excited as me but I doubt it but then again its not him thats got to go through it all really he just has one thing to do!

It wasnt more the cost of it that isnt an issue I would lay out as much as I need for it Very Happy if we are lucky enough to get the treatment on the nhs then I wouldnt complain about the fuel costs its more the time and stress getting there as its not an easy journey depending on traffic, I suppose I will just have to cross that bridge when I get to it, I get on really well with our HR woman (she is the bosses daughter) and I know if I told her what was going on she would cover and it wouldnt be a problem but the girls would just wonder what was going on if I was in and out.

I suppose I just have to see what happens and what I would need to do, I want it all done there as I trust that more than going to someone that might not know what they are doing aswell as the team at Manchester who know what they are doing if that makes sense?

Yeah I think when I spoke to her she said oh all your results and your partners are now back so its just an appointment with the cons to go over them and discuss what treatement you would be eligable for?

This pack was IVF only no other things in there Very Happy

Can you not talk your OH into it? Question

Thanks nat I really hope that we get the go ahead and get some luck with ttc it will be 4 years nearly if we do so I think its about our time now, I cant wait to see OH's face if we ever get that positive and complete our family xx
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:38 am 
Post subject:
Yay!! I am so pleased for you teebs, I really am.

I know what you mean about the stress and taking time off work etc. When we were going to go for ivf, as much as I'd do anything in the world for a baby, I wasn't fancying taking so much time off work, and like you I wouldn't have wanted anyone to know.

Have an amazing Christmas, and fingers crossed it's the last one just you and OH.

xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:27 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah i hadn't thought of that, not easy when you don't want anyone to know whats going on Smile the express trains really do make a difference though if you can time journeys to use those ,hopefully they'll be understanding about travelling times as your coming from so far away and try and get your appointments for reasonable times Smile
I could talk my OH into it I suppose, but I don't want to have to talk him into it, if that makes sense Question
He just doesn't want it as much as me or he'd be happy to do it, but he always has reasons why its not a good idea like the cost and what if it doesn't work first time and how he thinks I'd get obsessed with trying again and again Rolling Eyes so i'm not going to push the issue,as I would hate it to drive a werdge between us , especially if it didn't work Confused it still makes me sad sometimes ,like now I know I should be about to ov soon and the fact that I now know nothing will happen no matter what we do Sad makes me a little down for a few days, but onwards and upwards Smile and we have a lot to be grateful for and a lot to look forward too next year Smile
Anyway enough of me being depressing Rolling Eyes Laughing It is brilliant news and i'm sure your OH will be excited too, you know how men are though they like to pretend to be all cool and calm about things xxx
Aprilxxkayne
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:13 pm 
Post subject:
YEAHHHHH!!!!!!! i bet you cant wait now can you hun Very Happy It wont be too long before your starting treatment. I will be keeping an eye out for updates on your journey xxx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:08 pm 
Post subject:
Thats fab news hunni!!! you can have a good Christmas now with lots to look forward to. Wishing you lots of luck xx

susanjosh
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:36 pm 
Post subject:
Just popping on ...

Fantastic to hear this teebs.

So pleased for you . Once you get that bfp I hope your sticking around as I'm going to need you to answer all my questions xx
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:37 pm 
Post subject:
So so pleased for you Very Happy

I really hope 2013 is the year for you xxx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
Woooo hooooo yeahhhh!!! Merry chrimbo what a pressie to get!! I may not be around much so wishing you masses of luck to you both!!

Xx
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:07 am 
Post subject:
Aww, best of luck - so pleased things are moving forward for you. xx
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:49 pm 
Post subject:
Brilliant news Teebs, really hope they are as helpful as possible and it gets the ball rolling for you and your OH, you'd better have a boozy Xmas as it could be your last! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Xx
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:18 am 
Post subject:
Ah teebs I thought I'd pop on AB for a quick catch up on on peeps. I'm really pleased for you hon. I'm keeping my fx for u. I hope everything goes well for you. You gave me such inspiration while I was ttc. I really hope 2013 is your year. X

Angel baby April 2014 :'(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular