totally new and after advice!

crazienut38
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:32 pm 
Post subject: totally new and after advice!
Hi everyone

Im totally new to these forums so my apologies if I reiterate what others have said before!

My husband and i have recently started trying for a baby. I came off the cerezette pill in september having been on it for 8 years (!) When I was on it I had no periods at all, so it was a relief when they started again after 5 weeks of stopping the pill.

I was initially worried having read some horror stories about cerezette (women having horrible side effects, not having periods for months after stopping), but things seemed to start working again fairly quickly all things considered. However, i'm getting increasingly worried that because I went without a period for so long, that its going to take us ages to conceive. I have no evidence for it at all, and given that really my cycle started again quickly i guess im lucky. Before i went on the pill I had a regular cycle, now my periods are at least 5 weeks apart whhich I know isnt ideal.

Sorry for the ramble, its nice to meet people in a similar situation, if anyone has any advice or anything i'd be grateful!

Thanks
MrsZargon
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, have you thought about charting/ using opk's for a couple of months so you can reassure yourself that things are functioning correctly? I think it's normal to worry about everything when you TTC. Hope you get your BFP soon x
crazienut38
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hiya, yeh thats what weve decided to do. have managed to get some ovulation strip thingys so will use them to make sure we're trying at the right time :)What does BFP stand for? Sorry, new to the it all!
KazM
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:39 pm 
Post subject:
BFP= big fat positive(v. confusing at 1st.)
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 am 
Post subject:
Hey hun. I was on microgynon for ten years b4 stopping whilst ttc - it took 2-3 months to get regular cycle but then got my bfp that 4th month.

Im not on cerezette n am on second pack so waiting to see how my body reacts. Id say get the opks as i used them to c if things were getting back to normal n made me relax abit. But dont worry if takes a while to pick up ovulation signs n positives - it can take time. X

Jump to:  

Community

Popular