Nurofen for Children and Calpol

fletchie
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm 
Post subject: Nurofen for Children and Calpol
Hi,

My nearly 2 year old has a heavy cold and cough.

Does anyone know if u can give calpol and nurofen for children together or does there need to a break in between them?

She is very stuffy and warm to touch so wondering if there is anything else, anyone can recommend?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 pm 
Post subject:
If i'm right in thinking that nurofen is ibuprofen only then you can give it with paracetamol products like calpol, in fact I've had a doc recommend both together as a good way to ease pain and get a temp down initially :)but then repeat doses of calpol four hourly max and ibuprofen 6-8hourly, it can make some kids sick though Question not helpful if that makes her bring the calpol back up as well Question
Does it not say on the box ?
Hope she feels better soon xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm 
Post subject:
I was told to give them alternating, every 2 hours.

if a temperature is really high give calpol first, then if its not coming down give nurofen an hour later

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 am 
Post subject:
It is meant to be every 3 hrs calpol first. So then doses of nurofen are 6 hours appart. recommended is 6-8 hours. Calpol is 6 hrs appart also recommended is 4-8 hours.
Cool down strips are fantastic. And a temperature is the bodys natural way of fighting off infection.

I know this is an old thread but its one that will be viewed over and over again.

Also i recommended speaking to a gp or out of hours service to get the correct weight to dosage as 0.5ml of nurofen makes a big difference

shootingstars
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:34 am 
Post subject:
It is meant to be every 3 hrs calpol first. So then doses of nurofen are 6 hours appart. recommended is 6-8 hours. Calpol is 6 hrs appart also recommended is 4-8 hours.
Cool down strips are fantastic. And a temperature is the bodys natural way of fighting off infection.

I know this is an old thread but its one that will be viewed over and over again.

Also i recommended speaking to a gp or out of hours service to get the correct weight to dosage as 0.5ml of nurofen makes a big difference

Wringle
Posted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
Nurofen can be found in some pharmacies abroad, but Calpol isn't known to be widely available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Children's Health All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular