how do i stop a breastfed baby biting me

avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:54 pm 
Post subject: how do i stop a breastfed baby biting me
heya all,

my daughter is 13months old, and she has been biting me and making me bleed for the past 3 months, she is a really fuzzy eater, only eat when she wants, and has 1/2 breast milk a day all depeds how she feels, i want her to eat more solid food, and i wanna stop the breast feed, but she shares our bed so that will be impossible. she act like a 2 year old having tantrums. please help she driving me mad

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:02 am 
Post subject:
To be honest at 13 months old if she's been doing it for a while and its now a habit she's not as likely to stop Question ,if you want to stop breast feeding then stop, just refuse to feed her, ignore that tantrums in the same way you would if she wanted something else she's not allowed, maybe have a cup with a drink to offer her instead Question ,I'd be tempted to try and get her into her own bed as well if thats possible then you're not their on tap so to speak Question at her age she should be eating proper meals and topping up on breast milk could be reducing her appetite which could be why she's being picky .
I only had the problem of biting last time I breast fed once, when my son bit me I shrieked because it hurt so much which scared the cr*p out of him and made him cry Embarassed so he never did it again, but he was only about 6 months old, with a 13 month old she should be old enough to understand the word no , if she bites again after that I would just take the breast away Question xx
avfcgal
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:28 am 
Post subject:
She has been a fuzzy eater since 6 months, I have cut the breast feed down to only once a day Enoch is the night time feed, it is not possible to put her into her own bed because there is four of us in one room at my fella parents been like this since we got broken into on 27th September 2011, we ain't getting no help of council they sed we can live like this til my son is 10 years old, so we am having to register with housing associations to see what help they can do, neither of us work, my fella on the sick he suffers with anxiety and depression,

gruffalo
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:47 pm 
Post subject:
Not sure if helpful, but my friend was living at her mums with her partner and bubba and was on council list but no success until she got her mum to write a letter to council saying along the lines that she could not have them living in her house any longer. So that meant the council had to house her. Downside though is its emergency housing and a year and second child later, she is still in emergency housing. But does mean she is further up the list for whatever does come up.

Could be worth a shot....

Mandy
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:51 pm 
Post subject:
The biting, u just have to try not to react too much but when she does it, unlatch her and refuse breast for a short period before offering again. She will hopefully soon give up when she realises that she won't get milk if she does it.
Mandy x
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm 
Post subject:
A
So, have found with D's that if when he does it, I gently push his face closer to my breast, this makes him stop biting in that instant.

Also worth looking out for the trigger to the bite. Sophia would do so if new tooth through or coming through, if over tired, or if I was offering her the breast but she didn't really want it. This has been similar with D's too, but he is only eight months and only had two teeth so think I have a bit more bit going in store for me yet, oh joy! Lo

Mandy x
Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
i am trying to get her off the breast milk all together, but dont seem to be working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular