Our adoption journey completed. Welcome home, son!

David27
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:01 am 
Post subject: Our adoption journey completed. Welcome home, son!
Hi everyone who is going to adopt. Iím new to this forum, but believe me I have much to share with you. A week ago, my wife and I became parentsÖagain. Our adopted son from China is finally home!
I know what challenges are there on adoption journey way. Please be free to contact me. Iíll willingly share my experience with you.
Perhaps, itíll be helpful to prospective adoptive parents.
LadyButterfly
Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:19 am 
Post subject: Congrats
My congratulations, David!
Thanks for sharing such a long-awaited happiness with us.
And yes, it's very interesting to know the details. Very Happy
David27
Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:36 am 
Post subject:
Hi everyone. Thanks for the interest in my story and congrats.
Today is the 10th day as weíre home after a long journey from China. Every time I get up in the morning, I still hardly believe that after such a long wait, we finally became parentsÖagain.
So, to make you in, a little bit more about us. My wife and I have been married for almost 25 years and we already have two grown-up kids who live separately. When they moved, my wife Lisa and I started to think that there was too much space for only two of us in our big house. We have everything: career, travels, educated kidsÖand it seemed that we had enough love to give to the one who needs it. That is why we started to figure out about adoption. Probably in a month or two we visited our adoption agency for the first time. That is where our adoption journey started. It wasnít easy at all, I must admit. We submitted a ton of papers, and finally we were approved for adopting. Man, were we happy?
Then we waited, waited, waited Ö we visited adoption workshop that was quite informative, by the way.
Ok, our kidís name is Peng. We did our best to make his arrival home happy. He was met by his other relatives in the airport, and, yes, he was quite tired. I think his adaptation period is in its pivotal moment now. I spend as much time at home with him as I can. He already made friends with a neighboring kid Jeff. It seems that this is a totally new world for him.
Ok, have to go now. Iíll keep on updating you on how we proceed.
Best wishes to everyone reading this.
LadyButterfly
Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:05 am 
Post subject:
Hi, David. It was very interesting to learn about your adoption story. Peng is so happy to meet you in his life. I believe this wasnít an easy decision to adopt a child when you already have two biological ones. From another hand, for your bio children this is also a great adventure to have a younger brother when they perhaps didnít even expected. Moreover, Iím sure that they are very happy for you.
My relatives were also very supportive about our decision to adopt. My father was also adopted. And he was very lucky to have my grandpa and granny as parents. They were very kind-hearted, loyal and truthful people, RIP. They gave my father a chance for normal life. When he grew up, he did everything to make their last years happy. He got married and two kids were born (me and my elder sister). This story was very didactic for me. Perhaps, if my grandparents havenít once adopted my father, I would never see this world?
Of course, struggle with infertility was painful and unbearable. However, it seems that even if I had my bio children, I would anyway adoptÖ sooner or later. Because itís not only about parenting. Itís about being helpful and about mercy.
David, I hope youíre enjoying the sweetest day with Peng. Let his adaptation period be quick and smooth. And lots of best luck to you all, guys.
David27
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:03 am 
Post subject: time flies
Time flies. Eventually, I have a chance to drop a line here. This month was very saturated for all my family. Every day is a new discovery for my son. He meets new people, makes friends. Even though language barrier is still a problem, our housemaid of Chinese origin helps greatly. Iím sure Peng will need just a few more months to be able to speak English ok.
My brother and his family came to our place to spend vocation here and meet with Peng. We spent a wonderful week together. Peng met his cousin and it seems they made friends. It such a pleasure for me to watch him playing, laughing, laying on the sofa and just hugging his mom tightly. Adoption is a true blessing. You know, sometimes people tell that there is nothing like giving a birth to a child. Yes, your own child is a miracle. But in the meantime, thereís nothing like bringing your adopted kid home and providing him with everything he needs. This is also a miracle.
LadyButterfly, thanks for sharing your story. Iím sorry you suffered from infertility. iím sure it was devastating. In any case, I have no right to comment on this because Iíve never been at your place. You know, it wasnít a hard decision for me to turn to adoption. Iím sure it was much harder for you. But you are doing a great job, and I hope things will work for you. Have you already adopted or you just going to?
iMary
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:24 am 
Post subject:
David, how I understand your feelings! I have no biological children, but I can with sure say, that I`m a mom and my sense of life is my (adopted,but my!) daughter.
LadyButterfly
Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:18 pm 
Post subject:
each of us has our own background that finally lead us to adoption. there will always be pros and contras, those who support you and who do not. the main thing about it all is that our children eventually came home and bring joy into your life. let our children be healthy, joyful and respectful. its great to meet here people who are on the same train with you.
BabyFranka
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:28 am 
Post subject:
hi David. Not so long ago i've also become and adoptive parent. the feelings i experience are hard to describe. i realize that as soon as we come home, we'll face a lot of problems because three lives changed just in a blink of an eye. we all will have to get used to new status, new responsibilities, new way of life. in any case, by now i'm the happiest person in the world and i hope that my dd thinks the same. she is the whole world for me, and i'll try to be a world for her. very soon we come back home with Dina, and probably i'll need some advice or tips, so please be here for me. you are an experienced father and i would appreciate your point of view. i hope you and your children are doing well. Take care Very Happy
David27
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:22 pm 
Post subject:
Nice to meet you, babyfranka. My congratulations on completion of your adoption! I was at your place just five months ago, and I know how thrilled and overwhelmed you are at the moment. You and your husband are the new world for this little girl named Dina. This is an ultimate responsibility, as well as it is an ultimate joy!
Sure, letís make friends. Iím sure weíll have much to talk about and to share experiences. You know, Iíve already told in one of my posts that every day after coming back home with Peng is a new discovery for all of us: both for me, wife and for our son. For example, on Sunday Peng was riding a horse for the first time. My wife Liza was very afraid but he wanted so much that we yielded. He was 7 up happy. And we too. Our life is a compilation of such wonderful moments. Iím sure youíll have millions of them with your dd.
Katherine01
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:52 pm 
Post subject:
hi there,
nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your successful adoption stories. This is very inspiring for newcomers like me. David, you talk about your son with so much love. Iím sure heíll never forget his first riding a horse. Baby franka, are you already home with your daughter? Iím very interested in Ukrainian adoption details so letís keep in touch.
Best wishes.
BabyFranka
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:33 am 
Post subject:
Just a quick message for you all, guys. You may congratulate us! We're finally home with our sweet girl Dina. Everything is ok. we are overwhelmed with emotions. we enjoyed three wonderful weeks in Ukraine together and now we're here and lots of things to do. sometimes it seems to me that this all is happening not with me. I can't believe in my ultimate happiness. i'll do my best to make Dina happy. I just wanted to tell everyone that adoption is really a very tough and long process but the result is priceless. so you just need to be patient and to know that your child is also very patiently waiting for you to come and bring him/her home.
sorry for being over-emotional
sweet regards to everyone
have a nice day
TheOne
Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:09 pm 
Post subject:
BabyFranka, it was a joy for me to read your posting this morning. a very good start of the day. thank you for good news and receive my congratulations. i'm happy for all of you guys! Take care
PS: it's ok for you to be over emotional. don't worry.
i'll be looking forward to hearing from you soon
BabyFranka
Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:46 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your congrats. Yes, it was really a BIG day for all of our family. These weekends we are going to hold a small family ďwelcomeĒ party where Dina will meet her relatives for the first time.
Yes, these days were emotionally saturated. Anyways, I enjoy every moment of them. I want to express gratitude to everyone who supported us on this long and bendy way of adoption. so many people participated in it and I am endlessly grateful for them: starting from my parents and friends who were always there for me and hubbie, and of course for super professional consultants of Adomir adoption agency who guided our Ukrainian adoption process. I may sound like a celebrity receiving an Oscar but these words come from the very bottom of my heart. All these people made a great job and helped my dream to come true.
Thank you, guys, as well. Your words cheered me up greatly.
I have so little time to write a bigger post now telling how we proceed, but Iíll anyway keep in touch.
xxx
David27
Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, BabyFranka. Your post is so emotional. I know how you were feeling at that very moment because Iíve been at your place just five month ago. But time flies quickly. Welcome party for Dina sounds great and Iím sure she was excited and happy. How is she feeling now? Howís her adaptation period going on? How do you feel as a mother? And your dh? Do someone help you taking care of Dina now or you cope yourself?
Yes, you sound a little bit like a Hollywood star receiving an Oscar and itís very cute. Actually, you received something that is much more important and treasurable than Oscar Ė youíve got a child. You made a right choice of an adoption agency, this is very important. Iím sure your experience will be priceless for future adopters.
Hope youíre enjoying the sweetest day with your family!
Very Happy
David27
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:16 pm 
Post subject:
Hi everyone who was following this thread. I know that I might seem to be a grumpy old man sometimes. I sometimes get widely criticized for it. Iím not abused by it. yes, I may be tough to handle, but still Iím an experienced and educated man who has the right to have his personal point of view.
I have good news for those who are reading my posts and got interested in my adoption story. For the first time in my life (!), I have started a blog. You see, Iím not that old and I know even what blog is.
My blog is my adoption story and my personal overview of adoption process. Iíll be happy to share experience with those who need it.
Please follow my posts and feel free to comment and pm me. http://ouradoptionstorychina.blogspot.com/

Sincerely, David.
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular