Travel sysytems

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:50 am 
Post subject: Travel sysytems
We went on our first shopping/research trip yesterday and started looking at prams. We both fell In love with a Silver Cross Surf in mothercare. It seems to do everything we want and is really compact. We then went to BabiesRUs and looked on the Mamas & papas websites and have seen loads of cheaper alternatives.

So now wondering whether we'd just be paying for the name, or do you get what you pay for?

What has everyone else got and what are your experiences?

xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
We have the m&p sola with primo viaggio car seat.
Admittedly it was only £200 inc adaptors and car seat base..off ebay, they are just slight seconds. Pushchair seat had brand new covers and straps Smile

I love it..its sturdy, yet light weight. Lovely to push. Comfy for baby. Easy to collapse and fold.

You are defo paying for names in my opinion. There are loads out there that are just as good. Defo shop about. X
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:58 pm 
Post subject:
We have the m&p sola with primo viaggio car seat.
Admittedly it was only £200 inc adaptors and car seat base..off ebay, they are just slight seconds. Pushchair seat had brand new covers and straps Smile

I love it..its sturdy, yet light weight. Lovely to push. Comfy for baby. Easy to collapse and fold.

You are defo paying for names in my opinion. There are loads out there that are just as good. Defo shop about. X
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
My personal experience is you get what you pay for we brought a cheap travel system at first rubbish brought another that was more expensive but it still wasnt great ended up buying a silvercross and it was so much better and long lasti g we brought our second a silvercross and it lasted till she neededa buggie xx
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:58 pm 
Post subject:
I've got a second hand oyster pram got the pushchair and carrycot and a maxi cosi car seat and base off eBay a few scratches but all work and do the job and also looks good so I would suggest getting second hand u can get some real bargins Smile

[url=http://lilypie.com]

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:25 pm 
Post subject:
Have a look at mama's and papas either zoom package, urbo or sola . We were originally going for the zoom package but.since we loved the urbo and it went in the sale we changed !

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for replies. Been to some more places today (there's a never ending supply of prams lol) and have narrowed it down to the Silver Cross Surf and the Joolz. There is something I still love about the Silver Cross, but the Joolz one has a carry cot included so trying to decide whether we'd get much use out of that.

Have looked at plenty of cheaper alternatives but they just don't seem to be doing it for me. A lot of people I've spoken to who've gone for cheaper ones have ended up replacing them with a dearer one after a few months.

xx

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
We bought a cheap one with our dd which was a heap of rubbish lol & we ended up getting a luna when she was about 9 months old after buying another chicco pushchair that was rubbish too. I.loved the luna & have always said i would go for a mamas and papas again, although the silvercross surf was one of our loves i didn't want something that had to be taken apart in 2 pieces as i knew id be having a c-section again i.wanted something very simple lol

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
We got a cheap one - the Graco Mosaic which was £205 for the pram, carseat and carseat base that goes in the car... and it came with the footmuff, raincover, headhugger etc... which was great - admittedly our baby is only 9 months old but we see no problem occuring and will hopefully use the carseat with our next baby and have a double pram... then when Samuel is walking and new baby is still in a buggy we can go back to using the graco with them and Samuel can walk alongside. Smile Was a cheap but great buy!

We did look at the M&P Zoom and really liked it though - it was just that we wanted the car seat to be different to the one that came with the M&P buggies because reviews online for the seat (I can't remember what it was now!) were really bad - saying how babies outgrew them in 15-16 WEEKS and how their legs hung over the end of the seats in the car.

Hope you get the system you want and the one that works best hun! Smile I LOVE buggy shopping and can't wait to go hunting for our double! Wink x

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:34 pm 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:

We did look at the M&P Zoom and really liked it though - it was just that we wanted the car seat to be different to the one that came with the M&P buggies because reviews online for the seat (I can't remember what it was now!) were really bad - saying how babies outgrew them in 15-16 WEEKS and how their legs hung over the end of the seats in the car.
The Cybex Aton? thats the latest model carseat is tiny..and seems to have a really flimsy hood Confused
We went for the Primo Viaggio (a much meatier carseat lol) but you can also have a Maxi cosy one..they are all compatible Smile
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:57 pm 
Post subject:
I bought a second hand quinny buzz with newborn seat and basinet, it also fits the maxi cosi car seat and folds down/opens very easily. I love it but wouldn't have bought a new one, my sil had a luna but wasnt keen. I didn't try many as I knew I loved the buzz and just searched for one I could afford! Smile
ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:04 am 
Post subject:
We had the Cybex Aton Car Seat for Liss and it saw her through right from being newborn up until she was big enough To go in her 2nd stage car seat, she was a very long baby and also very chubby and she was fine in it, I do agree though the hood is [*@!#%*]!

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:25 pm 
Post subject:
we got thins one but in a tartan design that discontinued 3 years ago so got it slightly cheaper from kiddicare (we live nearish it)

http://www.silvercross.co.uk/pram-systems/Linear-Sleepover/sugared-almonds/

I also have a thing for silver cross... we got the car seat, cot, cot stand and all the accessories with it. It is good for swapping and changing from wheels to car seat to stand, but you do need a car with long seat belt straps for our one, and the wheels also only just fit into the boot (we have a new fiesta design car).

It has lasted us, my neice and am now using it with Poppy (she actually sleeps in the cot part rather than moses basket as it is quite luxurious!) and is still in excellent nick. Worth the money I think for early days, but after 6 months we used a more lightweight pushchair instead with Evie with the car seat, rather than making it into the pushchair (because of the space it needs in the car).

I hope you find the one that you want.

xx

AngelDelight
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:10 pm 
Post subject:
I'd really like to replace the travel system I used for my son,theses systems are lovely but seriously so expensive!!! Shocked £500 to £600 for one where a baby will may only get 9 months use? I really can't justify spending that.

The one I want to replace is a baby o zezu sport it was really good but never fit into my boot unless I took one of the wheels off and I want one that is front and rear facing without physically taking the unit off to turn it around.

I will probably have to get a second hand one but does anyone have any suggestion of one around the £300 mark?

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular