Sleeping in a dirty nappy!

louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:05 pm 
Post subject: Sleeping in a dirty nappy!
Hi - I'm a new mum to a one year old so not sure what to do! She has gone to sleep for the night and I have just been to check on her as she was coughing.(She has a cold/cough). I think she may have done a poo in her nappy. She has never done this before (in her night-time sleep) Is it OK to leave it? I'm afraid to wake her as she might not go back to sleep Confused Or is it really bad to leave her? I really want her to get a good sleep as she is unwell!! She never ever gets nappy rash btw!

Please help!!!! Smile

My Adoption Journal...
http://www.askbaby.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=115215
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
Definitely dont leave her! Get her up and changed, you don't need to actually wake her to change her. Just lift her gently out her cot and change her quietly. She may stay sleeping or half sleeping so she'll doze back off when you put her back down.
If you leave it, her bum will be sooo sore in the morning x

louloubellamozzarella
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Jenna- will do! Very Happy xx

My Adoption Journal...
curlywurlysue
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:14 pm 
Post subject:
Hi there
I can sympathise with this as this happened with my lo, I would get your stuff ready for a nappy change go in room (do not put the light on) maybe just put bathroom light on so you can just see what your doing and see if you can change her? Maybe take a couple of ounces of milk to give her if she doesn't settle as well. I just couldn't leave a soiled nappy on a baby sleeping I couldn't sleep for guilt I would rather wake her up now than early hours.
Just my opinion
Sue x
NicolaOasis
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:15 pm 
Post subject:
I would definitely change her, Aimee has done this a few times and she's went straight back to sleep xx
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:20 pm 
Post subject:
I remember when Ava used to do this, I would just do it in the dark and then put her straight back down. xx

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:05 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah it's best to change her and its a pain when they are sleeping but she'll more than likely be sore if left. You will soon get a dab hand at changing whilst they are still sleepy. I try to do it as quickly and as quiet as poss and straight to bed.

Hope her cough and cold ease soon and hopefully she went straight off to sleep.
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies Smile

She has just gone back to bed! She woke up fully and then her cough just got worse and worse! Took her temp which was ok, then sat in the bathroom with the shower going to make steam as she sounded awful Sad

Had to wait til 10.30 to give her some more Calpol (she will only take it hidden in milk to make matters worse!)

She seems to have gone back to sleep now - fingers crossed. Hate her being poorly and I was on my own as hubby was at work. I worry so much!

Hubby home now, so all is well Very Happy

xx

My Adoption Journal...
KathG
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:02 am 
Post subject:
aww bless her, its horrible when they are not well. glad you got her off back to sleep. Hope you have a settled night now. congratulations on your new addition btw, I have read some of your story Smile
Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:21 pm 
Post subject:
sorry to backer onto your post but do people check their little ones for poops in the night? 50:50 if my little one (10 months) does a poop at night or not but as he often sleeps through, I dont go in and check on him, once I am in bed I try and get some sleep!
What does everyone else do?
BTW congratulations on the adoption
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
Janey1983 wrote:
sorry to backer onto your post but do people check their little ones for poops in the night? 50:50 if my little one (10 months) does a poop at night or not but as he often sleeps through, I dont go in and check on him, once I am in bed I try and get some sleep!

I check on my two before bed and if they had done something i would smell it without actually checking lol but i only check on them through the night if i wake up for the toilet, i dont make a point of waking up and checking.
Saying that though when my two were younger i found i woke up a lot more frequently anyway without wanting to which meant they did get checked on a few times a night.

Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Janey1983 wrote:

I always go in before I go to bed and check all
Is ok! If I can smell one I change him.
Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
I put my LO down and unless he calls out for me during the night I dont go near him again until the morning. We have the angel care baby monitor which monitors his breathing which reassures me enough. In the morning its 50:50 if he has a dirty nappy, he has perfect skin and it doesnt seem to bother him Smile

[/url]
Janey1983
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks
xxOliverAndMaxsMummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 pm 
Post subject:
Hi

Neither of my two poo or have pood in the night. What I would say if it happened again was to use warm water and cotton wool so that the cold wet wipe doesn't shock into a full wake up.

Terri xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular