Maternity wear

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject: Maternity wear
Does anyone know anything about maternity clothes? Last time I was pregnant I just bought a load of vests that were much bigger than normal but I found they were tight round the belly and loose everywhere else so I need to find some nice tops that actually fit. I looked online on the new look store and all their maternity tops are size 16 or up.. Confused is that they have made them a 16 to cater for the belly or is that for a women who was a 16 prior that also has a belly?

I'm a size 8-10 so cant seem to find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions from where to get clothes from? xx

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:40 am 
Post subject:
http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/shop-department/3-pack-stripe-green-pink-vests_267582999

http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/shop-department/maternity-3-pack-solid-and-stripe-long-sleeve-tops_267578999

Here's a couple of links for you hun, not sure about the colours though, I got some fab maternity tops in the sale from New Look this last week xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:46 am 
Post subject:
H&M do some nice stuff, but you need to go up a couple of sizes. Other then that, matalan, next, and mothercare.

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:02 am 
Post subject:
Trousers I got from next...so comfy. I found them quite roomy though.
H&M I found to be a very sung fit.
When it came to tops I just bought some fitted tee's from primark, the really stretchy ones Very Happy
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 am 
Post subject:
I am normally a 12 and bought some size 14 maternity tops from new look - they never fit!

What I liked wearing most was some cheapie vests I bought from primark which were long line and very stretchy - I can wear them now too.

I did find the maternity trousers invaluable - a black pair from new look (size 14 which only fit properly at the end) and a size 12 pair from next which I wore from start to finish.

I think it depends how much weight you put on and what you're comfortable in - I actually like wearing close fitting tops (showing off my bump!) but I wouldnt feel you have to buy maternity tops. Smile
Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:00 pm 
Post subject:
Next have got loads of stuff online in the sale x
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
I've got all my stuff from matalan.. Jeans dont fit right well but my tops and black trousers are really comfy Smile x
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:40 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies, I will definitely take a look in primark as i love their figure hugging matierial as I too love to show off my bump (when I get one haha) I was thinking i could get it all online but I guess I will have to go round the shops once ava goes back to nursery xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 am 
Post subject:
Topshops high waisted leggings (not maternity wear) are perfect, I lived in them and I HATE leggings! And they do great vesty like tunics too, I had a black one (only around £12) which wore before, all the way through and its still in perfect condition now, its a size 8 too xx
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:24 am 
Post subject:
This was interesting to read. My casual clothes seem ok at the moment but all my work clothes are getting tight. Probably because they're quite formal. A few people have said to just go up a size, but I don't want to end up buying new clothes every few weeks, especially for work. I've heard Asda is really good, so will try there and Matalan. Might also be worth getting a decent pair of black trousers from Next. I went to h&m yesterday but hardly any choice, and nothing suitable for work. I also tried Dorothy Perkins but they said they're only online now. I hate buying clothes online at the best of times, so really don't fancy it now.

xx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 am 
Post subject:
xxHeathxxttcNo1 I would recommend maternity trousers - I had a pair of jeans (next) and a pair of work trousers (new look) which lasted me my whole pregnancy. Mine had the stretchy sides and were really comfortable. For PJs/mooching about at home I wore jogging bottoms from sainsbury with a thick waistband you can fold over - super comfy and I can still wear them.

I'm not sure I'd buy normal trousers as I think they will be very uncomfortable and dig into your stomach - you may also have to keep buying more! I just found that I bought maternity tops which were too big (bought online!) and then never wore them but I'm sure they would have been more comfy in the right size - I found the primark vests so comfortable and it didnt matter that I had to go back and buy then next size up cause they were so cheap!!
Clairebell29
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am 
Post subject:
Get on ebay, I got loads of stuff from there some of which had obviuosly not been worn. When I'd finished with it I put it back on there.

Also get some bump band and a belly belt http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gro-Company-401-Multi-One-Size/dp/B0010X4F02. I found these invaluable and meant I could wear a lot of my usual trosers for most of my pregnancy. Bump Band is also goo if a top is a little bit short and it gives you support.

Also when buying Maternity wear I just brought the size I was prior to getting pregnant as they accomadate your Bump. Sometimes needed smaller, sometimes bigger.
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 am 
Post subject:
Also red herring (debenhams) do lovely maternity stuff, I got loads in there sale.
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:44 pm 
Post subject:
I'm having a nightmare with clothes my jeans and work trousers fit nice but can no longer do them up! I normally do the hair bobble trick by loping it through the button bit in my jeans but then as I walk my jeans fall down and knickers are on show Shocked

So dug out my maternity jeans and I'm not big enough for these so these too fall down off my hips...! Think I will wear leggings more least they stretch nicely over my compact bump and just wait till I get bigger which I'm sure I will then be complaining as I will be too big! X

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 am 
Post subject:
Try some stretchy high waisted skirts (h&m) with some nice vests for work! I dress like that day in day out and only bought extra clothes in the last few weeks xx
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular