RSPCA

Hana22
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:51 pm 
Post subject: RSPCA
Hi everyone
Has anyone had dealings with the RSPCA? My neighbour has a cat that they have abandoned, she hasn't been living there since last summer but all her stuff is there and she will pop back to her house about once a month and this cat has been living outside since then , I was takin it some biscuits but it's got very thin and he's bein sick and scratching so he was reported to the RSPCA by other neighbours as he's trying to get in houses and cries all through the night. They came out a few times asked some questions and haven't been back since its been about 2 weeks now. Does anyone know the stages the RSPCA go through until they could possibly take him to be rehomed?? It's upsetting everyone around here but no1 seems to be able to take him in Sad I've rung RSPCA but won't tell anything , any info would be great if u have any thanks xxxxx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
you'd be better taking the cat to the local dogs/cat home or cat sanctuary and letting them re-home.

Poor wee thing.

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:30 pm 
Post subject:
I'm a softie and would keep it myself Laughing Laughing

But yeah, I would take the cat to a shelter or the RSPCA so that they can rehome him/her xx

Pen81
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 am 
Post subject:
Aah the poor thing...
I'm not sure how it works, but I think they have to follow procedures don't they. They have to be 100% certain I think that the animal has been abandoned and that the owner isn't there etc etc, before they're allowed to take it. I think.
I'd def take it myself to a shelter if you can. Is it a friendly creature? If it was hissing at me or trying to scratch me I'd be too big a wimp to try and catch it! Laughing But if you can, I'd def take it to a shelter...poor little thing...
bunnymama
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am 
Post subject:
this really upsets me, how could they abandon the poor thing. we moved into the house where were living now, and a cat use to sit on the back garden gate the owner of house had died and daughter took cat in apparently , so she says but cat kept comin back.there was a 2 month gap till we moved in, so cat was very thin. we took him in he was very frightened at first (was very scared of people, was mis treated) took us a few wks, but now he is the most loving gentle cat, its like he really appreciates it, if it was me id take it in as im a big softie. so for the long story! take it to the nearest shelter, maybe cat protection they are very good. please let us know how you get on the poor thing just wants a loving home and regular food. Sad
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 am 
Post subject:
It's possible it's not been abandoned and just won't leave its former home. When I was a little girl we had a cat and when we moved a couple of miles away, taking thecat with us, every time my mum let him out he would go to our old house and our next door neighbour had to keep bringing it back to us. Then one day it never returned.
Have you spoke to the woman about it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular