fundal measurement?

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:00 am 
Post subject: fundal measurement?
I'm really really paranoid about having amother big baby.. Lewis was 11lbs at 14day's late.. So far the cons has promised I wont go over as they'll induce me on my due date.. I'm getting a growth scan at 35 week's and see obstetricians at 36 week's.. But I've seen my midwife today and my fundal measurement was already 2 weeks ahead.. Am I worrying for nothing?? I know it can vary every time I'm just worried if I'm already measuring ahead that I'm just going to be huge and my baby is going to be huge... I already have problems caused by having Lewis naturally...
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:49 pm 
Post subject:
I'd try not to worry too much until the growth scan, I measured ahead from around 25 weeks and everyone was expecting him to be at least 8lb but it turned out it was just a lot of water and he came out a teeny 6lb 2oz Smile
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
its only because my last baby was so big.. i have a 4d scan in 4 weeks and they do fetal measurment then so will get a better idea of how big baby is then.. im just petrified.. ><
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:54 pm 
Post subject:
I've checked my notes and at 24wks I was measurjng 26wks. By my 28wks app she'd evened out but in all honesty the fundel measurements are only guestimates. They'll be sure to keep an eye on you this time so try not to worry Wink
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 pm 
Post subject:
My first appointment with the midwife I demanded growth scans.. I have one at 35 week's and a 4 d scan at 28 weeks and I'm seeing the obstetrician at 36 week's to discuss early induction. But I still worry.. Im panicking over everything this time... Never did with the boys... X

Jump to:  

Community

Popular