10 month old waking in the night!

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:40 pm 
Post subject: 10 month old waking in the night!
My daughter is almost 10 months old. She slept through without any issues from 8 weeks other than the odd slip up then went through a period of catching one illness after the other which made her unable to sleep completely (blocked nose, temp, etc) she's been find for weeks now but is out of her sleep routine! She'll go to bed (after much of me standing over her laying her back down after each time she stands) but wakes a short while later. She won't even drink milk now so can't get away with using that to send her off. Anyone experienced this? I hope its a phase Sad xx
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
I think probably a stage, how much sleep is she getting in the day? Do you do a nightime routine?

We have a chair in Alex's room, so what we did was put him to bed, if he stood up, put him back down 3 or 4 times (aithout saying a word), then after this, sat in the chair in the dark and eventually he realised it was bedtime and laid down, this went on for about a week, then he wen back to bed ok.

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:26 pm 
Post subject:
she will be put down for a nap awake in her cot after her dinner (around 12) but she will only sleep for 1 hour despite me leaving her to cry for a bit! I'll then put her to bed between 7:30-8:30 but she just keeps getting back up screaming or if she does sleep, she'll wake and do this after a few hours.
I tried putting her to bed earlier tonight (6:30) I've been up and down for 2 hours laying her back down Sad
I'm not sure if its because she's dropped all of her bottles at once (for some unknown reason), I guess I'll ask the health visitor but have to wait until thursday! Xx
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 pm 
Post subject:
I would say she's perhaps not getting enough sleep in the day (yes I know that sounds bizzare lol) but if babies don't get enough sleep in the day they don't sleep as well at night, medically I don't know why this is the case.

Alex is now 18 months and sleeps for approx 2 hours in the daytime, sometimes as 2 naps, sometimes as 1 long one.

If I remember correctly at 10 months Alex would need a sleep roughly every 3 hours, remember tho all babies are different, but maybe try putting her down for more than 1 nap see if that helps. xxxx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 pm 
Post subject:
I was just saying to my partner I'll give her a morning nap as she can be a little tired not long after she's woke up! Thanks!
The only annoying thing is, I'm currently on an access to midwifery course and my day is 10-3, its not like I can control what's going on when I'm not there Sad its all for her though! Xx
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:25 pm 
Post subject:
I read somewhere if you dont get enough sleep you body builds up a chemical that actually stops you sleeping and makes it hard to nod off, so although your tired, you cant fall asleep and children apear to fight sleep. Awful!
I hope an extra sleep helps.
Good Luck
jenneve
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:20 pm 
Post subject:
Just wondering how it's going with the sleeping? How many times did your daughter wake and are you managing to settle her every time? I am going through a similar thing and I have always fed my son to sleep but it's now every 2 hours and so we have decided to stop all that now my son is 81/2 months

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Getting Baby To Sleep All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular