food shop

WantToBeAMummy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 am 
Post subject: food shop
Sorry, full of random questions but it's nice to see what other people do

How much do you spend on your food shopping? And do you often eat takeaways etc?
Prices just seem to rise and rise!

X
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:34 am 
Post subject:
Too much, haha. My main food shop os usually about 50 a week but I tend to call in for bits and pieces and spend like 20 a couple of times a week. Takeaways we have 1 or 2 a month... X
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:36 am 
Post subject:
I spend about £30 a week on the main food shop and then pop to the shop to top up on things in the week and spend another £10-£20, we have takeaway as a payday treat
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 am 
Post subject:
We spend about 80 or 90 pound a week on food shopping including all the baby things etc etc.....
I seem to eat takeaways quite a lot I love dominos pizza and fish and chips which we have every friday this makes me sound so fat but I actually suffer from an eating disorder and need to gain weight so won't do me any harm lol Smile xx
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:23 am 
Post subject:
We usually online shop so we can't put little bits and bobs in the trolley and usually spend between £120-£140 a month on food shopping xx

tinajane
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:41 am 
Post subject:
Blimey I really wish I could spend a lot less, we spend about £100-120 a week on the food shop, and that does not include anything special, very very few named brands, no wine or spirts,and no extras, that is literally just the standard food shop plus a pack of nappies

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject:
We spend on average £50-£55 a week (asda) , thats for 2 adults and a 12 yr old. I normally pop to tesco inbetween just to stock up on some little bits like bread and I do toiletry shopping completely seperate as I find wilkos is cheaper for that stuff.
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:10 am 
Post subject:
We used to spend up to £140 a week Shocked but i managed to cut it down to about £80 or £90 on average. Ido online shopping now which makes it so much easier to see what you're spending.
As for takeaways, we usually have 2 a week, one chinese, one indian but we only spend about £15 on each of those (i dont buy the boys takeaway food) so i dont think thats too bad.

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:06 pm 
Post subject:
I do an online shop once a month of around £120 then we top up each week with food / takeaways which prob come to £50 a week, but that includes all things for the kids (nappies, milk, clothes etc).
I am a lazy shopper and I as I don't so the cooking I have to take OH with me who hates busy dwaddling shoppers so we grab what we can quickly and leg it out. Now I am on maternity I will be able to spend time being a dwaddling shopper myself! lol!

xx

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:33 pm 
Post subject:
I usually do an online shop at asda or go to aldi each week as dh gets paid weekly. Usually around the £50/60 week mark. This includes everything all deodrants, shower gel etc etc and about once a month a couple of plug in refills and washing powder/softer. This also includes the 2/3 jars a week of chocolate spread my step son goes through lol.

Occasionally i have to grab an extra milk or bread a week another £2/£3 & we very rarely have take aways. If we do its down fish and chips !

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 pm 
Post subject:
I spend around £30 - £40 a week. one week is Asda online and the next Aldi.

I do shop around for other stuff, like home bargains for bleach and deodorants.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular