smear

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject: smear
urgh had my first smear today Sad lol just thought id share, I don't know y ppl ,miss theres as it takes two seconds, im dreading the results as my friends been back & fourth with hers from October Sad
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
I put mine off for years and then one of my friends sisters found out she had cervical cancer and I realised I was being a complete idiot putting my life at risk. Luckily they caught it early on and she is completely fine which is good.

Hope everything comes back ok for you hun xx

lysianassa
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:57 pm 
Post subject:
I've got to have mine in 6 months. Was meant to have had it 6 months after my son was born but then fell pregnant, had surgery for my ectopic, was told to wait another 6 months but then fell pregnant again Rolling Eyes Laughing So, unless I'm pregnant already ( Wink ) I should have my next one in late May Mad

I wouldn't worry too much about the results though.

nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 pm 
Post subject:
I had mine done a couple of weeks ago all came back normal Very Happy The last 2 yrs Ive been having them yearly because I had borderline changes a few years back, now Ive had them moved to 3 yearly yay. But as said already theyre done so quick so ladies dont put it off it really isnt that bad.
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 pm 
Post subject:
I'm naughty and have not had one for years beachside I am doctor phobic etc.. But mainly because they are painful for me and its put me off going again.
I should though!
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:11 pm 
Post subject:
Ive had a fair few now Shocked ive been having them since my late teens..before they put the 25 age thing on it.

I got the letter for my last one when I was pg with my son..had it at his 12wks jab app

Then I got a request for one when I found out I was pg with my daughter Rolling Eyes so no doubt I'll have it done soon enough.

Id rather go through a few seconds of discomfort compared to the possible alternatve..and in comparison its nothing compared to child birth Wink
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:12 pm 
Post subject:
Ive had a fair few now Shocked ive been having them since my late teens..before they put the 25 age thing on it.

I got the letter for my last one when I was pg with my son..had it at his 12wks jab app

Then I got a request for one when I found out I was pg with my daughter Rolling Eyes so no doubt I'll have it done soon enough.

Id rather go through a few seconds of discomfort compared to the possible alternatve..and in comparison its nothing compared to child birth Wink
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:42 am 
Post subject:
I went to work and im shocked to find how many women I spoke to don't have them Shocked and one of them was even surprised that I went ??? lol I said why wouldn't I? thanks anyway ladies Very Happy
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 am 
Post subject:
I've just had mine this morning and it was fine, not really painful and the nurse was lovely, really calm and made me feel very relaxed. Yes it's not my favourite way to spend 10 minutes but have had worse - like childbirth! Don't put it off! x

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:47 am 
Post subject:
I don't get people who put them off - all but 1 of mine have been quite painful but it still doesn't put me off. Yes i dread going but hey as said what's 10 mins to find out something quite important !!

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 am 
Post subject:
Def worth always going. Other than when preggers, i go every 6 months after having cells lazered off 3 years ago. I also have a friend who had cervical cancer but is lucky to have beaten it. I always sign petitions for lowering the age again

xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular