Baby movement

Chloal
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:45 pm 
Post subject: Baby movement
I am 19 weeks on Saturday and started to feel baby about a week ago, normally when I am sat still and quiet, however for the last couple if days I haven't felt as much and wondered if this was normal for gestation?
I didn't have much on last Preg as had anterior placenta.
Felt this afternoon like a swoosh in my belly, could this have been baby turning inwards meaning that's why I haven't felt so much tonight?
I have a Doppler and heard clear strong heartbeat this morning
xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
If you've heard the heartbeat I wouldn't worry at all. I'm only one day behind you Smile and started to feel things over the last week or so. Only tends to be in the evenings though, usually when I'm lying down. Did have a bit of a panic the other night as thought it was the first night in a while I hadn't felt anything, but then I did when I got in bed. I just think baby has so much room at the moment that you aren't going to feel it very often.

xx

amyxpearce
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
My baby still doesn't move that much and I'm 30 weeks now ha. My first DD moved all the time in the womb, she was a real wriggler. I definitely didn't feel this baby every day around 19 weeks. I remember when I was about 21 weeks and I had had a few days of this baby moving about loads and then I hardly felt her for about a week! She did move but not half as much as she had been doing. I think I was about 25 weeks when my mw said I need to start keeping track of movements now. She also said all babies are different so don't compare my baby's movements with anyone else's but learn this baby's movement routine. Amy x
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:36 pm 
Post subject:
This is reassuring as I'm nearly 19 weeks and really don't feel much at all, maybe one flutter a day if I'm lucky! I too was getting worried. I've listened to it on monitor and it sounds clear and can hear movement but don't actually feel much, then I start poking my belly to see if I get a reaction! Ha

I am relaxed now sat down but not really feeling anything all I get is stomach tightening pains Confused

Chloal
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:27 pm 
Post subject:
I'm glad there are other that aren't getting much movement, I just assumed that on the second pregnancy I would get more than this. My friend started feeling her little girl at 14 weeks!
I still check in with Doppler on the quieter days and always manage to find baby's heartbeat. Have 20 week scan next week so may feel a little more reassured then to see baby on the screen again,
Would like to have a little window to my tummy so I can check in on them lol
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 am 
Post subject:
You're not supposed to worry about it until much later on (I think 27 or 28 weeks?) as the baby can easily move into a position where you won't be able to feel it at this stage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular