2wks old and got a cold :(

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:14 pm 
Post subject: 2wks old and got a cold :(
Hiya well my little George has caught my cold he is really snuffly and feels a bit hot. I bought some snuffle babe and saline drops is there anything else I can do for him as he's to little for calpol isn't he or anything else? X

[url=http://lilypie.com]

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 pm 
Post subject:
Put him near some steam to help clear it, such as running a hot bath and keeping him in the room as you run it.
Poppy has had colds on and off since she was 2 weeks, but as she is eating fine and sleeping fine HV is not worried each time she has been round.
Hope he is OK

xx

charlene258
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 pm 
Post subject:
Oh yea good idea I will try that tomorrow. He just sounds so stuffy and newborns only no how to breathe through their noses don't they? It sounds like he can't breathe properly through the stuffyness Sad will he open his mouth to breathe if he can't breathe through his nose?

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
That's what they say. Although I am sure Poppy often ends up breathing through her mouth and snores! I have a nurse who regulariy visits (she also a volunteer support worker) who says they see a lot of babies / youngsters atm with snuffles but there isn't anything they can do... But if he doesn't feed as well go stright to drs as that indicates a poorly baby (rather than just a cold)

xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 pm 
Post subject:
Yer..Matilda had it too at about 2wks. It only lasted about 2-3days Max. Looking back oliver had it when he was born so I reckon a lot is to do with their bodies just getting rid of all that birthy gunk and extra fluid.

We used the saline drops before feeds that seemed to help and a tiny bit of albus oil on the side of his moses basket just to help with sleeping. And a folded towel under his moses basket materess x
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:22 pm 
Post subject:
Thank u for ur help girls he does seem less snuffly today I think the saline drops helped and we propped his Moses basket up last night to help him sleep. Will bath him later and get abit of steam going. X

Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:56 pm 
Post subject:
I think its also cos they dont suction the mucas out of them anymore. Anais was snuffly around 3wks n the hv said she hasnt saw one well baby xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Your Newborn Baby All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular