Hopefully 2013 will be the best year yet!:D

MummyToGrace
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:41 pm 
Post subject: Hopefully 2013 will be the best year yet!:D
Well I haven't been on here for a while! Not much has happened since, not as much as what was going on this time last year anyway! :') me and Grace moved into our new flat, the day we moved in I didn't hear anything from Grace's dad, and the day after found out he's been sent down, again! I think this is it this time, I want Grace to know who her daddy is, I don't want him to keep coming and going out of her life. And for it to happen again makes me wonder whether he's responsible enough to be a father to her! He's tried getting in touch with me a few times, sending letters and calling me but I haven't spoke to him, if I do I'll end up screaming at him! I see why his ex doesn't let him see their child anymore to be honest.. It's just not fair on Grace. But to be fair, I don't know what happened, but more than likely it was his fault and him being immature and pathetic. Grace misses him, and I don't know what to say to her. I just keep telling her that daddy isn't here at the moment, we'll see him soon.. But how long can I keep telling her that story?
On a happier note, I've met someone new... It's nothing serious, I want to make sure he's good enough for Grace first, he hasn't even met Grace yet although he does want to meet her. He's older than me (he's 20) he lives on his own in a flat not too far from mine and he is such a sweet lad Smile I'd like to introduce him to Grace, but if it doesn't last then it's another person just dissappearing from her life, and I don't want that for her so I'll just leave it a little longer Smile
Well that's all really, just thought I'd give an update on what's going on Smile hope everyone is well!

Sarah&Gracie xxx
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Welcome back.

I think its good you are moving on.

I dont have any advise on how to go about telling Grace about her dad.

I think its really good you are taking things slow with your new guy and not intruducing him to Grace straight away. Like you said it wont be nice for her to have him disappearing too. Maybe when you feel the time is right introduce him as a new friend.

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:14 pm 
Post subject:
That's such a shame for your little girl but I think everything you are doing sounds like how I would act in your situation. I wouldn't know what to say to your daughter, I would just try and gloss over it when she asks and try to distract her rather than get into confusing conversations with her. You want to just focus on what will be better for her in the long run, and when she is grown up you will be able to explain everything to her and she will see that you were putting her first.

I deffinately agree with taking things slow with your new man, a frien of mine waited around 8 months before introducing her daughter to her new man.

MummyToGrace
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for you replies Smile and yeah, I deffinatley want to wait longer until I introduce them. I'm just not looking forward to when her dad is back and what I'm supposed to say to him .. I gave him a chance to change, I don't think he ever will. But I also do want Gracie to know who her daddy is.. It's all so confusing, I;m just gonna have to take it one step at a time and hopefully he'll realise he needs to keep his distance now x
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:07 pm 
Post subject:
what about supervised contact at a contact centre you she is safe then x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular